𝟏𝟎 | 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋

I went back to my crate and watched the guys work

I went back to my crate and watched the guys work. Kenickie was focused on his part of the car. Trying to shine pieces of metal and screwing things into the car. Once he decided he needed a break, he lifted himself under and out of the car. He made his way over to me, looking over his shoulder at his car. He turned back to me, smiling widely.

"How you like Greased Lightnin' so far, huh?" Kenickie raised his eyebrows. He waited eagerly, leaning on another stack of crates in front of me.

"It's a work in progress," I started slowly, not wanting to hurt his feelings. "But it looks great!"

As soon as those words left my mouth, Sonny yelped in pain as the bumper fell off. It created a huge clashing noise. I winced as the guys rushed over to fix it. Kenickie looked over in disgust, huffing, and trudging back to yell at Sonny. I smiled at the sight. Some things will never change.

Once the boys had enough of fixing Greased Lightnin', they all wanted to gather up for a meeting at Frosty Palace. Danny invited me to join and I agreed. Maybe I need some time away from the school and Pink Ladies.

Danny, Sonny and Putzie all gathered into Danny's car and set off. Kenickie took his car down and hopped into the driver's seat. Doody jumped into the back, laying out. There wasn't any room for me except the front. I glared at Doody who only winked in response. I opened the door for the passenger's seat and Kenickie put his arm on the back of my seat, making me blush madly. I turned my head to the side to hide it.

Doody cat-whistled and I took an empty can of Pepsi and threw it into the back seat, successfully hitting him. I smiled at his wince and continued to look out the window at the blur of green.

Once we got to Frosty Palace, I hopped out immediately. Doody was opening his door and I stopped him.

"That was a dick move, Doody." I looked at him in the eye and he visibly shrinked. I smirked and slammed the door on him. He yelped in pain, grabbing his injured crotch. I snorted at what I just did. That was completely unintentional, but it's what he deserved for that trick.

I walked into Frosty Palace, passing Kenickie and Danny who were standing outside. Once inside, I saw Putzie and Sonny bickering in a small booth. I smiled and pretended to hit their heads together.

"Hey!"

"Charlie!" I smirked at them and pulled a cigarette out. Unsure if this was a no-smoking diner, I stepped outside. Doody ran inside to the booth and Danny and Kenickie were still outside. I made sure to be off to the side, not wanting to have any unwanted attention towards me. I lit my cigarette and blew out smoke.

All of a sudden, a roar of an engine could be heard down the street. I looked up and saw it. That dreaded car from last night. The black one with orange and red flames on it. The one with the blond guy. The one with those guys who forced themselves on me. I still have the piece of paper he left stuffed in my bra.