Chapter Two

^Angels POV^

"Shak would I be stupid if I went over there to talk to him?" I asked as we stood in the hallway next to our lockers.

"You want the honest answer?" He said looking up from his phone and I nodded my head because, why would I want him to lie?

"No you wouldn't. At the end of the day you cant help what you feel for this boy and you still have a good heart. He's clearly going through a lot of shit and I know I dont make it any better cause I lowkey give him hell about you everyday. But you are different. You dont hold any grudges and you're not bitter. I think if he needed anybody...as a friend right now, its you." He said surprising the shit out of me.

Shak really has been on Chasen's head ever since everything happened and that was a couple of months ago. On top of that Chasen is going through this baby mama drama and she literally comes up here everyday starting some shit with him. Apparently she wants more than a co-parenting relationship and he just wants to know if the baby is his or not. It's going around that she doesn't really have the cleanest record and she was fucking someone else around the time they had sex. So it's really up in the air.

I looked at Chasen and he looked a little defeated so I decided to help him out a little bit.

"Shak tell Mr. Lowe that I went home early." I said packing my stuff and putting my books back into my locker.

"Bitch are you realling finna ditch?" Shak said rolling his eyes.

"Yes whore, plus it's for a good cause." I said shrugging my shoulder. We both looked at each other for a minute then we started laughing.

"Bitch just make sure you don't go home pregnant. Mommy will have a heart attack." He said laughing again as I straight faced him.

"Bitch I don't plan on popping pussy for anybody anytime soon."

"Mhm you make sure you tell yourself that." Shak said laughing as he walked away.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at his crazy ass. He really doesn't have any sense.

I turned to look at Chasen as he took a book out of his locker and put it in his bag. Lately he's been looking really down and that's not like him, and even though our relationship ended a little rocky because of him being stupid, I still wanted to make sure he was ok and his head was somewhat screwed on right.

I pushed my nerves back and started to walk towards him. It looked like his friends were asking him if he was ready to go and he told them to just go ahead without him. They walked away from him as the warning bell rung for us to get to our classes, which meant I had about under 3 minutes to get us out of the school before the doors were closed. For some reason as I got closer to him I got a little nervous. I have no idea why I was so nervous all of a sudden.

"Hey." I said standing behind him.

"Wassup" He said after turning to look at me for a couple seconds.

"How you been?" I asked him trying to make some kind of conversation.

"I've been cool. Just tryna make it." He said finally closing his locker and turning around to lean on it.

"What's been going on with you?" He asked me and for the first time in a couple of days he actually looked interested in something and not annoyed.

"I've been cool. Trying to make my decision about college and starting my business or what not." I said shrugging my shoulder as he nodded his head. Then it got silent and awkward.

Should I just not do this?

Why am I so shy around him?