Chapter 9 - 'This isn't a fucking fairytale.'

"The best way to not get your heart broken is to pretend you don't have one."

-Charlie Sheen

"We're through, Cameron!" a shrill voice screeches and the noise rattles around in my head and makes me groan. My eyes feel glued together and I lay my hands on the ground beside me to stop the swimming feeling that's taking over my head.

"Dais, please just let me explain," someone pleads and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's Cameron.

"There's nothing to explain," she growls and I sit up groggily. I furrow my eyebrows and scratch my head as I look around and I realise I'm on the floor of Cameron's kitchen.

Butt naked.

My eyes open wide as I assess the situation and I let my head fall into my hands. A door slams and I hear Cameron sigh loudly. I find his discarded shirt lying on the ground not far from me and I tug it over my head, along with my lace panties. His footsteps approaching make me stand up and I hold onto the table to steady my foggy head. We must have been really drunk last night.

"Cammy?" I squeak lightly when he enters the room and he looks a mess. Well, he still looks pretty hot, but yeah, not his best.

"We need to sort this out," he says and his tone is dead-set serious.

"Did I have sex with you last night?" He nibbles on his lip and slowly nods.

"Very drunk, bad decision sex."

"Daisy knows?"

"Apparently walking in with a take-out breakfast to find your boyfriend lying naked in the kitchen with some other girl is kind of a relationship ender."

"Yeah, I can understand that," I say, before swallowing once. "Are we, like, okay?" He stays quiet for a second.

"I don't know, are we?" he asks and I cringe at the sound of his voice. "Is that why you came here yesterday? To get me so drunk that you'd be able to talk me into sleeping with you?"

"Woah, woah," I say, holding my hands up in defence. "Sex isn't exactly a one woman show, you contributed just as much. And no, I didn't come here to hook up with you. I'm not some cheap booty call, I have standards."

"Standards like guys with girlfriends?"

"Would you stop it with this bitchy attitude?" I cry. "You were the one who initiated it; you kissed me first."

"You're poison, Scar."

"I'm what?"

"You're like poison. You captivate people and entice them slowly until they have no choice but to give into you, then you taint their skin and their mind."

"Why are you making such a big deal out of this?" I ask him, backing away from him a little. "Last night I remember you saying how you don't like Daisy that much, anyway. Now you're out, sorted."

"I didn't want it to end on these terms," he says, his jaw clenching. "Now I'll have a reputation."

"In the eyes of the public, you're dating me!" I shout, sudden anger radiating from me. "So stop with this pity party because it's honestly just pathetic. We had sex last night, doesn't that say something? When you're drunk you do the things you're too afraid to do sober, or something like that. And I don't much appreciate waking up with an empty space beside me after having sex with someone, so get your ass back over here and lie down with me for a while. And then we can make breakfast and go see a movie or something and just NOT WORRY about what we've done, okay?" I sigh heavily after my speech and Cameron scratches his arm absently.