Chapter 5 - 'Dude, put some clothes on.'

"I tried to draw my soul but all I could think of was flowers."

-Natalya Lobanova

"What the hell happened?" Cameron shouts over the pelting rain.

"My idiot brother forgot to fill the tank!" I yell, getting out of my car and racing around to where Cameron is standing, his car behind him. "And then the stupid roof wouldn't go back up, I think the latch is stuck or something!"

"Well I called a tow, they'll take it to a shop and fix it up for you," he says. "Now get in." I do as he says and slide into the passenger seat of his car. The heat is blaring and I shiver roughly as I try and heat up. I'm dripping water everywhere, but I'm too cold to care. Cameron jumps into the driver's seat and pulls away from my car.

"Okay, first things first, you're an idiot," Cameron says. "And secondly, I realize you can't go home like this."

"I think my parents would be rather questioning, don't you?" I say.

"Exactly," he says. "So you can come back to mine, tell them you're at a friend's house or something, and you can dry off, get a change of clothes, and I'll drop you home later."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, you did me a favour, so I'm doing you one," he says. I look at him for a minute, then nod.

We drive with the soft sound of the radio playing in the background until we reach an apartment building that he stops outside the front of. He leaves the car running and hops out, so I assume he has someone to park it for him. I follow him into the building and into the elevator. He presses a button but I'm too cold to focus on which one it is. He must notice me shivering because I'm soon wrapped in a pair of strong arms. I try to forget who they belong to of course, but it's a little hard to.

"Come on," Cameron says as the elevator doors ding open. I allow him to lead me to his apartment and then into a bathroom in which he puts on the shower and leaves, shutting the door behind him. I undress quickly and jump into the jet of water, quickly lulled by the heat. I don't know how long I stay in for, but I'm in no hurry to get out. Obviously it's late and I have school tomorrow, but that's a small negative. I wrap myself in a towel when I'm done and, realizing I have no clean clothes, step out of the bathroom to find Cameron. Or his closet at least.

I wander through the apartment aimlessly, my hair dripping gently onto the carpet. The apartment is beautiful, with windows covering most of the walls. You can see almost the whole city from up here, I bet I could see my house if I looked hard enough. But I snap back into reality when I realize I'm standing in the middle of someone's kitchen in only a short towel.

I rush back towards the bathroom and call Cameron's name, and he comes almost immediately.

"Dude, put some clothes on," he says, averting his eyes when he sees me.

"That's why I called you, dummy, you never gave me any fresh ones," I sigh, adjusting the towel tight around my chest.

"I'll get you some," he says, turning around.

"Don't lie, you're totally getting a hard on right now," I smirk.

"Scarlett, you seem to be forgetting I have a girlfriend," he says, turning into one of the rooms which I assume to be his bedroom.

"And you seem to be forgetting that she is now me," I say, raising my voice a little so he can still hear me.

With what seems to be an anguished groan, he replies, "I have never regretted signing a contract so much."

"Ouch, don't hold back now, Cammy," I say. "I didn't know you could be so heartless."

"Look," he says, reentering the hallway, "I called Daisy and she said she really wasn't happy about it. She said it was the same as me cheating on her, or something. She suggested a break, but I said that it would only cause an argument, but me saying that actually caused the argument."