Chapter 5

Hey you guys! Sorry it's been so long since I've written or updated properly, I'm working on making my writing better and less complicated, as a few people don't get where the book is headed and to be honest neither do I - none of my books have had a clear path set to them, but I thank you guys that put up with my weird little ideas that make the book completely untrackable. But, I do promise that this book will be much less complicated, which is why it's taking such a long time to write. But thank you, I love you guys and hope you enjoy :) xox

Izazya's POV

I didn't like the feeling I got when I woke up; my head was spinning, everything in my body hurt, and my vision was blurred with black spots everywhere. Where the hell even was I?

I sat up slowly, surveying the area around me. The white, pristine walls that led down to a white tiled floor - everything was in pristine condition. I sniffed the air slowly, before coiling away from the smell of antibacterials and other harsh chemicals. I'm in a lab, or a hospital, I thought, and came to the conclusion it was a lab, since I was laid on a very cold and very uncomfortable metal table.

I jumped off of the table, immediately falling into a heap on the floor when my legs were unwilling to hold up my body weight.

"What the fuck?" I asked out loud, staring at my legs. Was I paralysed or something?

"No, Izazya, you aren't paralysed," a woman's voice came from a speaker in the wall. "I know that's what you're thinking, but it's just a side-effect, it'll wear off." She added. I scowled at the speaker, not knowing what else to do.

"And when, exactly, was anyone going to tell me this? NO ONE TOLD ME ANYTHING!" I yelled in a sudden burst of rage. This isn't right, you shouldn't be kept in a testing lab like some sort of rat, the voice in the back of my head told me. I slammed my fist into the floor, a low growl escaping my throat.

"Calm down there, hulk." I heard a familiar voice laugh, and a door opened. I turned my head, ready to pounce on whoever came through the door. As soon as Nixon entered the room, my lip curled upwards in an animalistic snarl.

"What the hell have you done?" I asked slowly, in a low voice, staring at my legs that refused to move no matter how much I willed them to. "I. Can't. Fucking. Move."

"Didn't you listen to Jennifer? It'll wear off." Nixon replied smoothly, crouching down before me. "It's for your own good."

"My own good?!" I screamed, before throwing my head back and laughing. "This is helping me? Oh, you have no idea what I want to do to you-"

Nixon raised his hand, cutting me off. "No need to resort to violence, you're in shock that's all. You didn't expect to wake up here, and you've had a rough time. And..." he sighed heavily, "it's going to get worse."

I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. One, two, three...

"What do you mean 'it's going to get worse'?" I asked slowly, breathing deeply. ...four, five, six...

"We wiped the drugs from your system, Izazya. You're going to go through a little withdrawal, however the way the medical team have done things, it'll be focused into twenty-four hours. It's a pretty good way of dealing things, and you happened to play guineapig for what could be a medical breakthrough for rehabilitation of intravenous drug users." Nixon explained.

...Seven, eight...

"You used me as a fucking experiment?!" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him, suddenly having motion in my legs. I grinned, curling them under me and falling easily into a crouch. "Oh, Nixon..." I trailed off, laughing to myself, "I thought you knew not to mess with me?" I snarled my words, moving towards him slowly.

...Nine...

"Jennifer, some help?" Nixon asked, his voice cracking from fear. So it should. He should be scared.

Ten.

I pounced, tackling Nixon to the ground and pinning him easily, throwing my arm across his throat and forcing all of my weight onto his wind pipe.

"I'll fucking kill you, Nixon." I screamed, feeling my mouth curl into a smile. " I-I could be out there, looking for Joe. My Joe. And I'm here. Why, Nixon, why would you do this to me?"

"Izazya, listen to me-" he croaked, before I released my weight from him. I stood up, letting him fall to the floor, gasping for air.

"Why should I listen to you, Nixon?" I asked simply, sitting on the edge of the medical table.

"Because-" he paused, sighing heavily at the feeling of oxygen in his lungs.

"Because what?!" I screamed, my eyes burning holes into his.

"Because we think we found him."