Regret

I woke up cuddling G. Naked. What did I do last night? I untangled myself from G, and got up, trying to find my clothes. He stirred a bit in his sleep. I threw on my clothes as fast as I could.

"Heya doll, damn, my head hurts." He looked down at his naked body, his eye sockets widened in shock. "The hell did I do last night?"

"Me." I said, glaring at him.

"Heh, don't act like you didn't want me to." I blushed. I found his clothes in the corner and threw them at him. He grumbled something about me being an ungrateful little bitch.

"Frisk," I heard my Sans call. He was close by.

"Get your clothes on and teleport the heck out of here!" I whisper yelled to him. He snapped his fingers a little too loud. I just had time to sit against the wall before Sans burst in. He looked furious.

"How could you? After all I've done for you, you repay me like this?" he spat in my direction and walked out.

"Wait!" I yelled after him. How do skeletons spit? It was at that moment, I knew I fucked up.

I stood up and ran to catch up with him. "Sans, please! We were drunk!"

"When you're drunk, your real feelings come out. Ya know I've never seen you drunk before? You've only told me that you loved me when you were sober, I had always thought you were lying. Now I know that I'm right." He snapped his fingers. I ran to the house, and was greeted by Papyrus. He looked at me, confused.

"HUMAN, WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT? YOU DIDN'T COME HOME! AND WHERE IS SANS? THAT LAZY BONES! OH, FRISK WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" I brought my hand up to my now wet face. I pulled my hand away from me, I'm shaking. Papyrus's features changed to a worried expression, he lowered his voice a bit.

"Human? A-are you ok? Come here." He opened his arms for a hug. I readily jumped up up to him. I cried into his shoulder while he rubbed my back.

"I...I have made a terrible mistake." I said. He put me down, and sat on the end of the couch, leaving me room to sit. He patted the seat next to him. I sat down like I have a million times before, but this time it felt different. It felt as if I had never been here before, like I was in a strangers house.

"What happened?" Papyrus asked in a worried voice. I explained everything, G, the drinking, the sex, the fight. The whole time Papyrus didn't interrupt, he just sat and listened. I finished my explanation, and he hugged me again. "I'm sorry Frisk. Sans has had trust issues since we were kids, he told me the story of why." I opened my mouth to ask, but he held his hand up to stop me. "That's another story for another time." I nodded.

"So, what should I do Pap?" He looked at me very seriously.

"Like I said, Sans has terrible trust issues. He will more than likely not take you back, every night in the beginning he would come into my room and ask if I thought that you seemed genuine in your actions and words. I constantly reassured him, telling him that I was sure that you liked him. I guess I was wrong."

"No, Papyrus no! I love him! I was drunk!" I yelled, my voice on the edge of hysteria."I love him! I always will, he thinks that I don't anymore. How do I show him that I still love him?" Papyrus wiped a tear from my cheek.

"Well, he thinks you don't love him, so prove that you do." I felt determination fill my soul.

"Ok, I will. Thanks Papyrus!" I said, jumping up from the couch. I ran to the door and flung it open. I knew where Sans was, I ran there. On my way I knew I needed to compose a plan to get him back. I wanted to make him remember that I love him and he loves me. He must see that I regret what I did. I have to make him understand.

I started this journey looking for love, now I've lost the only one who can give it to me. I reached the entrance to the ruins to see Sans there, shaking, hugging his knees to chest. I slowly walked toward him. I sat down, he scooted away from me.

"Hey," I said feebly, "I'm sorry." He looked up at me, tears welling up in his eyes, over flowing and streaking down his face.

"Heh," His voice was shaky, "Me too." I looked at him, perplexed. "I'm sorry, that I'm not good enough for you, that you felt the need to run off with someone else. I'm sorry that you lied to me, that I'm so gullible to fall for it. I played right into your damn trap didn't I?" I was taken aback.

"Sans? Will you please let me explain?" He shot me a warning look, but then reluctantly nodded. "Sans, I love you and no one else. Last night, I was drunk. I know that's no excuse, but I need you to know that I regret what I did. I wasn't in control of myself, or my actions. Sans, you are my one and only. I love you, and you alone. He-" Sans cut me off with a death glare.

"You were not about to say that he came on to you! I was in there Frisk! I saw everything that happened. You told him how hot and charming he was, and then you kissed him. It's as simple as that." I opened my mouth, then quickly closed it. Is that really what happened? Sans turned away, signaling that he was done.

"I thought you said that you couldn't bear life without me! Sans please..." I was fighting through the thickness in my voice, willing myself not to break down.

"Things change," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Sans please, please give me another chance!" I cried, my sobs echoing in the silence that surrounds us. Sans looked up and over at me. His voice was so unforgiving, so cold, a shiver went down my spine and sobs racked through my body.

"There's no such thing as another chance."

Heya guys! I'm sorry the author's note was wrong, I didn't think that I'd finish today. I was originally gonna make the ending include this chapter then some more to end it. HOLY CRAP 66 VOTES AND 1.8K READS?! You guys are the best! Welp, have a great day/night/whatever! Baaaiii!!!1!!1!!11!

~1,128 words~

-Livy out!