His hands reached out and took his tie back. He draped it over his right shoulder and stepped aside for her to pass. Their gazes broke, but he was tempted to grab her hand and guide her for the rest of the way. Edmund, however, abstained from the action and followed behind her. Noting that her hair remained uncombed, he made a note to help her with it later, though; it did cause him to smirk some. It was as though they had shared a night together. If only that was the reality. In the future, he would guarantee that; he would get her to accept him.

Moving around her, he pulled out the chair for her, and she seated herself quietly. Her hands grabbed one of the oranges on the table, and she idly passed it from hand to hand before her thumbs glided over the smooth peel. The faint scent of the orange reached her nose and woke her up from her daze some but not enough to halt her present actions.

Behind her, she heard the spatula scraping across the pan. It smelled like eggs were being cooked, but she didn't turn around to check. Maybe, peppers were in the mixture too and even some potatoes. Whatever it was, it did cause her stomach to growl lightly. A faint bit of heat touched her cheeks at the noise, especially when she heard Edmund release a chuckle.

A loud beep, however, startled her. She sat upright in her chair and scanned the room for the source before her eyes landed on the toaster. Two pieces of toast were perfectly baked. Butter and grape jam were next to the machine.

Edmund shifted the pan to a cool burner and turned off the active one before he headed over to the toast and prepared it for the meal. "What do you want to drink?" His question knocked her out of her tiredness a little bit more. She set down the orange and placed it back in the glass bowl.

"Tea please." Her eyes traveled to him, and her right index finger pointed upwards even though he wasn't looking to her. "There should be some lavender and mint teabags in the cupboard above the toaster." She received a slight nod from him.

Pushing the plates aside, he reached up and retrieved two before he searched the other cupboards. (F/n) had an inkling of what he was trying to locate. She pushed her chair back and stood up. Edmund seemed to face her at the speed of lightning. "You can keep sitting."

"It's fine. I'm used to preparing things for my breakfast." She smiled to him lightly. "This is a treat for me, but I can still help." The weariness in her eyes remained present, and he gazed at her in concern. "Even before ... Well, I always had cooked for Reginald." A pained chuckle escaped her. "He often had burned food, so I just had relieved him from cooking."

Tears started to form again. She wiped them with the backs of her hands. "But, he had on occasion brought dinner home. He always had made those so special." Her hands traveled up to her face, and she covered her eyes. "I-I-I'm sorry. I ..."

Hands rested on her shoulders and pulled her forward. She pushed her head into him and continued her crying. "Don't apologize. You don't have to." Her hands shifted from her face to his shirt before her arms wrapped around him securely. (F/n)'s fingers gripped at his black suit jacket. His heart swelled, and he smirked to himself. Already, she was growing dependent on his comfort. How delightful.

"The ... T-he ..." She coughed quietly, and she pushed against him some. Her head hung down, but he saw her tears all the same. He couldn't wait until he saw her cry tears of joy for him. That would certainly be a spectacular day. "The measuring cups and tea pots are in the cupboard above the one with the teabags," she mentioned as though it hurt to speak.

"Okay, thank you. Go sit down." A calming smile decorated his lips. Her eyes focused on it. For a moment, she thought that she spot it upturning into a smirk. It caught her off guard, and she didn't note that a frown began to appear on hers. "Is something wrong, (f/n)?"

That snapped her out of her stare. She shook her head and turned away from him. "No, it's nothing," she practically whispered. (F/n) retook her seat and slipped her feet in and out of her slippers as she waited. The simple action occupied her mind and kept her from any confusing and/or dark thoughts.

Within time, food and drink sat on the table. Edmund seated himself to her right and handed her a fork and napkin. She thanked him before her eyes stayed on him a little longer. He was about to eat before he paused and met her gorgeous eyes. "Do you need something?"

"No, but you can take off your jacket." Her fork pointed to the clothing item delicately. It was as though he could break the fork from her grasp like it was nothing more than a strand of hay. "Like I had said, make yourself at home. Its ... Its only me now." The second sentence barely was above more than a squeak. It was as though she hadn't even said anything. (F/n) stared down, and her eyes seemed distant.

"Open." Confused, she averted her orbs back to him only to discover her fork hovering in front of her face with a bite of eggs, potatoes and peppers on it. When had he even grabbed her fork from her? She certainly hadn't felt that move of his.

Caught off guard, she couldn't prevent a light dose of heat from entering her cheeks. She gave him a questioning look, but he didn't reposition the fork. Like a snail, she leaned forward and ate the bite. (F/n) distanced herself from the utensil and chewed. A tiny smile crept upon her lips. After she swallowed, she held her right hand up to her lips in shock. "That had tasted amazing."

After he handed her fork back to her, he sat up straight and smirked in complete elation. "Thank you. I'll be making lunch and dinner too." He slid off his jacket and placed it on the back of the chair along with his tie.

"Really?!" she asked almost too excitedly.

Laughing, he nodded. "I'm here for the day and night, and you need to relax. It's no problem." He would stay even longer if she later requested it. Working away from his office was quite easy after all. A genuine smile graced her lips before she began to eat more. Edmund would never forget that smile.