Chapter 4 Life - As I Know It

*** - - - ***

Just a note from me, the author, sorry it's taken me so long to up load, but this one is a little longer and hopefully has a bit more info. I will promise you right now, the next chapter will have much more info on Monty aka Montelius. Thanks for reading.

DR

*** - - - ***

4

What am I going to tell her? I can't tell her the truth. But it isn't in me to lie to her. I'll always tell her the truth regardless if she likes what I have to say or not. If she found out now, I don't know how she'd react. What will I do if I scare her away? I mean, how would you react to finding out the man, person... thing that saved you has been watching you all your life? She'd probably scream. Faint. No, she wouldn't faint. She's not the type. I had to chuckle at that to myself. If there was anything I knew about Tra, is that she always stood up to whatever life and God handed her. I have no choice but to tell her the truth. With a sigh, I began, "Well I...." I was cut off by the ringing of her cell phone.

"Oh, I'm sorry just a minute please," she said raising a finger as she did so. She looked at the caller ID and answered, "Hey you!"

Sighing with relief, I continued with my examine. Her skin was so soft. Her ankle was swelling and already discoloring. It was sprained. I was sure of it, but I thought she would want to go to the hospital to make sure. Checking to make sure it was only sprained and not broken, I applied a little more pressure to her ankle. I saw her wince when I gently touched the side, but she didn't stray from her conversation. She was amazingly beautiful.

Her dark hair curled around her face framing those deep dark, almost black eyes. They were shining now as she talked. Her hands moving to her face as she moved an invisible hair from her eye. A habit she picked up as a child when she liked someone. Was she doing that for me? No it had to be for the person, a man I'm sure of now, on the phone. Why did I even care if she was doing it for me? Why would they be for me? In her eyes, I was a complete stranger who just happened to save her from having multiple bone fractures. Still, something in me wanted her to being doing those little things for me. 'Sigh'

Lifting her eyes, she smiled. Not at me but to whomever she was talking to on the phone. I watched as she threw her head back to laugh at what the person told her. Her laugh was a melody all its own. Then, I felt something strange and unfamiliar. I can't explain it, but I wanted her to be laughing and smiling like that for me. That feeling. That need of it actually. Why? I'll have to ask Mike, hmm, maybe I should keep this to myself? Or better yet, I'll ask Gabe, this seems more like his field of expertise. That's what I'll do. Just as soon as I can... I'll talk to Gabe.

But for now, I need to get some ice and bandage up this ankle of Tra's. Once she's off the phone, I'll see how I'm gonna get her to the hospital. I'm sure it will make her feel better to have x-rays. Getting up for where I was beside her, I walked to her bathroom and grabbed the ace bandage she had in the bottom drawer on the right side of the sink. Then I went to the kitchen to get one of the ice packs she kept in the freezer. When I came back to the couch, she gave me a quizzical look. I couldn't figure out why she had it. I mean, I was tending to her ankle, not operating on her. When she looked from me to the ice pack and then the ace bandage, I knew exactly what I had done. I couldn't believe I had made such a imbecilic error. How was I going to talk myself out of this?

Lord, forgive me my stupidity, what am I to do?

Sighing, I smiled confidently at Tra and proceeded to aide her medically. She was still on the phone, but now she was looking at me most intently as if waiting for me to do something. Again, I smile and she smiled back. And what a smile. I felt a tingle run through my body as she smile at me. Her eyes focused on ME. I have no idea what I was feeling but I knew that I had to leave before I did something I wasn't allowed to do. Well, not thing more.