Chp 4 { Darkness Incarnate }

( New York City, One Year Ago )

Home to billionaire, the met gala and the amazing couture house. New York City is an amazing place for tourists, people who lives there and everyone especially to Amaranth Forrest.

After running away from his hometown in Southampton, United Kingdom which he ended up after he escaped a witch persecution in his home country of China somewhere in town of Zhuji. He finds himself in New York City.

Living inside a messy and unliveable abandoned apartment building the young witch is a freeloader. But it his by his choice that he decided to live there to avoid any law enforcement.

Dressed in red suit with snake motives leather coat, Amaranth practice his magic by creating melee weapons using his magic also use it to make him superhumanly agile, He spent months in the street as a hired hitman and stealing something for money.

His activity was stopped when he broke in into a penthouse of a rich man to steal some expensive jewellery where he almost got busted by one of the guard there who attack him with superhuman abilities that turns out to be Pietro, Amaranth with his magical push managed to send him few feet away which Pietro took it as a challenge and when he is ready to fight again he sees Amaranth hanging on the balcony.

"Nothing personal." Amaranth winked and jump. Escaped him.

***

"What you got there?" Pietro walks to Amaranth who is holding a red google," I see you still have those goggle, still thinking about returning to the live of cat-burglar?"

"Just feeling nostalgic." He replies then he put the goggle back into the box and smile at Pietro," Are you alright?" Pietro kneels in front of him and grab his hand while his right hand caress Amaranth's cheeks," Do you think that whatever this war that is coming is real?"

"I really don't know Pietro." They were interrupted by the sound of the door knocking," I'm gonna get it." Pietro stand up and walk to the door.

"Gemma, What are you doing here?" Pietro asked with a surprise reaction," And how did you know where we live?"

"I'm a witch and tracking spell is an easy spell. Anyway, Is Amaranth here?" Gemma asked.

"Come in." Pietro welcome Gemma into their apartment and Gemma sees Amaranth standing at the dining room in front of their bedroom," Gemma? How's Cole?"

"He's fine, the potion you gave him cure him at fast rate but not as fast as that lead the doctor suspects and the memory potion work like a charm." Amaranth nods," So, What are you doing here?"

"Miranda told me that you own Isaac Lacey's research book on Supernatural being?"

"Yeah, Isaac left it to me before he went away... Why?"

"Can I borrow it? I need to research on something." She explains.

"Sure, the book is in the Apothecary— I am just about to go there."

"Come, I'll drive you. I need to get to the construction side either." Pietro stated as he grabbed his jacket.

   Later that afternoon after dropping off Amaranth and Gemma, Pietro's truck slowly approaching the construction site only to find the workers gathering around at something. Curiosity swept through Pietro; he at immediately leave his car and walk his way through the crowds.

   "Holy shit!" Pietro cursed as he look up to see a death tree grows over night at the side of the church," It wasn't there yesterday." One of the worker commented.