Chapter 45

Just like him leaving, I thought it best to let Liam to come back home by himself. I didn't offer to pick him up from anywhere, I just busied myself and waited.

I was very ready for him to be back. Since I was being a housewife I dresses up in vintage clothing, 50s housewife style but definitely one with glamour in their life, and brightly dyed hair. I always liked the fashion of the pin up girl tattoos so Meg encouraged me to expand my wardrobe in that way since I wouldn't budge on following her and current popular trends.

Even though I had been the housewife and the mother while my husband worked away for two weeks, I didn't feel at all like that, especially with what we had planned.

Liam stared at me. "The fuck? Your hair is purple."

It was a real bright purple but I still hadn't expected him to notice so quickly if at all. That dye had more than done it's job already.

"And shorter. Do you like it?"

"Yeah but..." he stopped himself, touching it. "I fucking love it, me. You look stunning."

I grinned at him. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, you've clearly been fucking busy without me. What's been going on?"

"Nothing much, actually." I told him. "Just Meg helping me part with our money."

There was quite a lot I couldn't tell him and what I could, he wouldn't find interesting. I wasn't going to bore him when he just got back.

"Who's is the car outside?"

"It's mi- ours. Surprise!"

"What've you done? What is all this?" he questioned a bit suspicious.

"I thought we needed a bit of a change up." I explained with a bubbly tone. "A new beginning."

He nodded. "A new chapter, new car, new hair, new us."

"No, old us." I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a kiss.

"So Earl's Court...?" he asked expecting me to come good on my promise.

"My Dad's the best dad and grandad and he's agreed to take the twins all while you're here so I'm all yours."

"Sound. They are here now though, aren't they?" he frowned, fearing missing out on them.

"Yeah, we have to drop them off when we're ready."

"Good, I'm gonna go get them."

He took off to their room and I followed. As I watched Liam greet his kids I felt really jealous of the attention they were getting from him. I knew we'd get back on track when I realised I wanted him all to myself.

I left them to play. I wanted to call Meg but I didn't want to get in the way of her reunion with Noel. I needed to tell someone how I was feeling now my husband was back.

Liam found me holding the handset. "Are you on the phone?" he asked quietly.

"Oh, no." I put it back on its cradle, realising I hadn't dialed anything. "I was going to let dad know you're back, remind him and stuff."

"Go on then."

"No, he knows, it's you I should be talking to."

"Why, what've I done?"

"Married me then gone off on tour."

"I'm still on tour."

"But you're here, you've made the kids happy, you're making me happy. You should just tour London."