Chapter 1

I was sat at the bar with my friends/ co-workers, celebrating Danielle's birthday. They were chatting away but I'd become distracted. I was sipping my cocktail through the straw occasionally glancing over to a table of five rowdy Mancunian lads. I wondered what lads from Manchester were doing in London. They were getting through their drinks, fast and they certainly having a great time.

All five of them were good looking but one of them had caught my eye as soon as they walked in. He looked like a baby faced John Lennon, with his round tinted glasses and enough attitude for everyone in the room.

I didn't like the Beatles, I couldn't give a shit about the Beatles but I had a certain respect for what they did for music and of course Lennon had some kind of martyr status.

Excluded from my friends' conversation because I hadn't been listening, I started fantasising about him coming over to me, he never would but I could dream.

I didn't know why I was so interested, I was already married to my husband, who I love and I wasn't a one night stand kind of girl.

"Shall I tell them to zip it a bit?" Travis nudged me and asked.

"No, they're not causing trouble or anything." I shook my head.

"Where's Enzo?"

"He doesn't really know any of you so he stayed at home." I explained.

"Well he never will if he can never be arsed to go out with us."

"He's got his mates, I've got mine." I shrugged.

"I don't know what I'd do if me and Bex were like that."

Bex, his girlfriend looked around to us. "Did someone say my name?"

"No babe, you're hearing things." Travis told her cheekily.

"You work together though, it's different." I insisted.

Both groups stayed until closing time, the lads were completely rat arsed, we were reasonably drunk. Neither interacted the whole time. Baby faced Lennon didn't pay me or any of my friends the slightest bit of attention.

...

I went to the Virgin Megastore the next day. I should have had a hangover but didn't.

They were setting up instruments for a band to play or something. the display boards said Oasis, I didn't have a clue, probably some new Britpop band. I was avoiding this craze since I prefered real Rock bands.

I looked for a new CD but I couldn't shake the curiosity for the band that to play.

Someone swaggered down the aisle and I decided to ask them if they knew anything. "Mate, what are they setting up for?"

He nearly walked straight passed without speaking a word to me but he turned back a second and muttered "Album signing."

I immediately recognised him. "You're baby faced Lennon!"

"I usually go by Liam." he grinned. "You?"

"Haileigh."

He stood quiet for a minute just kind of looking at me. "Were you at that bar last night, with them lasses?"

I had to stop myself from beaming, instead I gave a simple smile. "Yeah, I was."

And Travis, his long hair made everyone mistake him for one of the girls.

"Hmm." He sounded so interested but then he just walked off and went behind the stage they'd set up.

I stood confused before returning to my search for a new CD. I decided I had to stay for the performance or at least a chance to see baby faced Lennon/ Liam again.