Chapter 25

As August got closer Alan decided to drop some information on me that no one else had bothered to mention.

"What do you reckon is the chance of nice weather in Loch Lomond?"

"Depends what you call nice, it's Scotland, isn't it? why?"

He nodded. "We're playing Balloch Castle Country Park on the 3rd and 4th."

"Since when?

"You'd have to ask McGee or Noel, I just get told where we're going."

"When do you get back?"

"Don't worry, we're straight back after this one, too much stuff to do to hang around in Scotland."

"Alright, I'll give you a fiver if it doesn't rain."

We shook on it. "You're on."

Of course I knew they'd tour again but this was out of the blue. I needed them all here, helping with the twins. I hadn't managed to patch things up with my friends, not even Danielle and you wouldn't catch me at a baby group so they were all I had outside of my actual family. I didn't know how I was going to cope without them.

"You've gone quiet, worried you've lost yourself a fiver?"

"Just thinking how quiet it's going to be without you lot in town."

"We're good lads really."

"Tell the Daily Mail that."

"Our public needs to know what we're up to, newspapers are only doing us a favour."

"Your public are so interested in what me and the twins wear every time we leave the house."

"Doesn't bother you, does it?"

"No, it just takes some getting used to when people know more about what I wear than I do."

Noel walked in with Quinn in his arms. "Are you gonna sit around chatting all day?"

Quinn was sucking on his dummy, watching me and Alan with his huge baby blue eyes.

"Why, what are we meant to be doing?" Alan asked.

Noel shrugged back.

"Where's Poppy?" I asked wondering why he was wandering around with Quinn.

"Guigs' is teaching her to skin up right. Valuable life skill."

"He'll have more luck when she can actually control her fingers." I told him.

He was years too early for that to wind me up.

"Well I'm done with this baby malarky, you're gonna have to take him back."

Alan held out his arms. "Come to Uncle Alan."

As soon as Alan gave him attention, Quinn attempted to squirm towards him.

"Our Kid wants you to go to Maccy D's." Noel said to me as he handed Quinn over to Alan.

"Thought Liam prefered KFC?" I got the feeling he was actually talking about himself as usual, ass if getting used to the term Our Kid wasn't hard enough.

"No drive-thru."

"If I'm going I'm not taking the kids, you'll have to look after them."

"What d'you think we've been doing all afternoon while you've been gossiping?"

I started looking for my car keys in my bag. "He's been telling me some very vital information, like how you're leaving for Scotland soon."

"Thought you knew."