Searching

You had left early the next morning using a magic portal to get to Storybrooke. Pan had suggested you wear normal clothes instead of your Neverland outfit because it would help you to blend in and the last thing you wanted to do was draw unwanted attention to yourself.

You'd decided to wear a pair of grey jeans and a plain black top, you had ditched your boots for some black Vans which were very comfortable.

When the bright light from the portal faded your eyes adjusted and you looked around. You were on an empty beach. It was nowhere near as nice as the ones on Neverland and you rolled your eyes, you hated the 'normal people world'.

Putting the portal in your bag you started walking towards the buildings that weren't far away.

Pan had warned you that Storybrooke was pretty small and they never got visitors so to expect a few curious stares.

You sighed before walking off the sand and onto the tarmac, you rounded the corner of the brick house that was directly next to you and started walking casually down the street of Storybrooke trying to look normal. So this is where Henry lived.

In your opinion, it was a pretty normal small town. A few cars drove up and down the streets with 3 or 4 people walking. You had visited the 'normal world' quite a lot when you first went to Neverland. It was strange to watch that, over time, it had become more and more modern. Very different from The Enchanted forest or any other fairytale land.

An old woman smiled at you as you passed her, "Goodmorning," she greeted.

"Morning," you replied cheerfully. When you passed her you rolled your eyes.

I hate people.

You looked around the main street and saw Rumple's shop wasn't open yet, groaning you looked around for things you could do while you waited. There was a coffee shop open on the other side of the road. Pan never said you couldn't explore a little bit, feeling justified, you cross the road and entered Grannies Diner.

It was nice inside a few booths on one side of the wall, small tables in the middle and some raises seats on the other. Ignoring the other customers looking curiously at you, you headed for a raised seat and sat down.

"Welcome to Grannies how can I help you today?" A female voice asked you. The young woman had long dark hair and a pale pretty face. She was wearing a very revealing outfit with black heels.

"Hi," you smiled to her scanning over the menu, "I'll have the pancakes with a chocolate milkshake please." She wrote down your order on a pad she was holding then looked at you curiously. "I've never seen you around here, you new in town?"

"Sorta," you answered, "I'm visiting a friend."

She narrowed her eyes slightly eyeing you suspiciously, you met her gaze and held it unblinkingly. You could tell she sensed you were lying about something, you knew who she really was and that she didn't have magic as you did. You wondered if she knew who you really were too.

She caved in at your intense glare and looked away first, "I'll have that ready for you shortly." She walked away and disappeared into where you guessed was the kitchen.

You turned around and looked at the other customers, they looked perfectly ordinary. Nothing about these boring looking people would suggest they had done anything interesting or adventurous, that's another reason you stayed in Neverland; it was always full of adventure and danger.

"Here you go," Ruby said appearing with your food and drink.
"
Thank you, Ruby," you said her name before you could stop yourself.

"How do you know my name? I never told you it," she asked looking confused and even more suspicious now.