»seven«

If we had your eyes would it make the pain we're put through more bearable? Would we understand it and move on as if nothing ever happened out of the ordinary? I was left sitting on the back porch asking myself these questions as I checked my phone and went through my twitter notifications.

HE_Styles11 followed you!

After reading that and clicking on the profile my heart had sunk into my stomach. Why did He follow me? The one who's name I'm afraid of mentioning to keep myself from crumbling to pieces. It was definitely him as he was shirtless in the profile pic and a picture of his soccer jersey crowded the background. Scrolling through his tweets to see if he was numb inside like I am. Did he let what happened to us affect his life or did he not ever care enough to become distraught over it and carried on with his life as if nothing ever happened? He was that type of guy I believe and that's why I quickly blocked him and pressed out of the twitter app.

Sighing, I looked up at the darkening sky not ready to go back inside. Joe and his friends were being way too loud that I couldn't focus on my homework to finish it. I don't think I'll be able to focus on anything other than the boy I have blocked from all aspects of my life. For weeks now I've managed to keep a strong face and not utter a word about him. Keeping him balled up deep in the pockets of my jeans, tucked away safely from view.

I hated him.

"What are you doing out here? Alone?"

I jumped at the chilling voice next to me. Too zoned into my own thoughts I hadn't even heard the sliding door creep open. I looked at him as he dug inside his pockets with a cigarette hanging loosely from his lips. The night being a backdrop around his body made his plain white cotton tee glow as the pale skin . His arms I could make out and like the led of a pencil finally touching down on paper, I began to sketch him. Starting from the top of his cropped hair, down his pointed nose, and curving around his lips holding on to the cancer stick. The sharpness of his jawline and the attractiveness of his neck made his side profile a perfect picture.

"No one ever warned you about the creatures of the night?" He asked, his words a bit muffled from the cigarette in his mouth.

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes at him I opted to just watch him instead. Soon he found his lighter and cupped his hand around the end of the cigarette, stopping the eerie wind from blowing out the flame. Fumbling with the simple mechanics of the lighter I almost jumped out of my skin when he finally did get it going and his beady brown eyes slited down on me. His face illuminated by the burning flame making the cigarette come to life. The end glowing as the horrible smell of the contents from the inside filled the air around us.

"No one ever told you smoking was bad for your health?" I threw back at him.

Boldly hoping out of the plastic patio chair I went to stand next to him as he peered over the wooden rail of the porch and at the dark yard. I stood closely by him, close enough to where I could feel the heat coming off his body and more likely for the smoke smell to stick to my pajamas.

"How do you hide the smell from your mom?" I curiously asked him.

Comfortably resting my hands against the rail as he took a long drag, the orange glow at the end lighting up violently against the dark. I could hear the faint sizzling sound of the paper being burned to ashes. He pinched the cigarette from his mouth and blew a line of smoke towards my back yard before looking down at me.

If I was shy I probably would've cantered away from the mysterious look he was giving me but I only drew in closer to him.

"I don't."

"I take it you don't respect your mom then. Is that it?" I curiously asked.

He smirked, a soft snicker coming from him as he was bringing his cigarette back to his lips. "Nah." He answered. "It's not like that at all,"

I chewed on my bottom lip while watching him. Something about him I really liked and I couldn't pin point what it was either, which made liking him sound even more appealing. Suddenly I thought about the party and how Joe still hasn't confronted me about it yet. He still hasn't told Joe and I found that odd, but I didn't want to bring up my brothers name in fear he might leave and go back inside.

"If I have enough respect for your mom to not smoke in her home how come I wouldn't have that same respect for my own?"

That caught me off guard. That's about the most he's ever said to me, well the longest question he's asked me anyway. I stood there, mouth partly open in slight shock. His cigarette shortening as the seconds dragged on.

"Well you said-"

"I said what?"

I paused to look him over as he interrupted me. Something was off about him, but just as I was about to point that out the kitchen light came on. We both looked back at the sliding door to see Joe and Taylor nosily make their way into the kitchen followed by the obnoxious laughing girls tailing after. Nick brushed them off and went back to smoking the rest of his cigarette as I began to panic. Joe doesn't like me around his friends when he's around so he's bound to start a pointless fight with Nick if he sees us out here together. Alone.

"Why you get so scared of your brother, Daisy?" He asked.

I whipped my head around almost breaking my neck at his question. How could he be dead serious at a time like this? And calling me daisy again?

"You don't know Joe like I do. Obviously," I tell him, muttering the last part.

"He likes to fight, right? What? You think I can't take him?" Nick chuckled, flicking the last of his cigarette into the yard.

Nick was smirking while looking back at the sliding door and kitchen window. That's it, Nick, he's insane.

"Joe!" He yelled, cupping his hand around his mouth.

My mouth widen and I immediately hit him in his chest. He started coughing and laughing at the same time.

"Quit it!" I pestered, hearing Taylor yell back out to Nick.

We are dead and he think it's something to laugh about. I looked over to the steps leading down into yard, thinking about how long it would take me to get to them and run around to the front of the house, but it was too late. With a soda in his hand Taylor came stepping through the back door with the rest of them following in suit. Like a gun held to my held and my trigger finger squeezed the gun went off and the bullet splitting my head open, Joe eyes locked on me and the closeness of Nick and I.

"I was wondering where you went! Can I get a loose?" The tall girl he had been eyeing from earlier quickly came to his side as I stepped away from him.

Waiting on Joe to blow up I quietly drifted off to the side. He shot me a look and I looked elsewhere. Why wasn't he yelling and acting a complete fool?

"Yo, Nick why didn't you ever tell us Liv had a twin?" Taylor's loud voice roared. "I've been cock blocking all night,"

Taylor came to stand next to Nick and Liv while Joe and the other girl went and sat in the patio chairs.

"Yea, Nick? He's just my brother's type," the Liv girl cooed while she leaned her body all over Nick.

I watched as they all erupted in laughter except Taylor who looked genuinely disgusted. Landing on Nick and Liv again he rested his hand against her hip and licked his lips while looking at her with low eyes. No doubt, the girl was beautiful. Tall, skinny, his age, and just way beyond sex appeal. I almost laughed at myself, I couldn't compete with a girl like her.

"That's not funny, bro," Taylor countered, retrieving away from them.

I used that as my cue to slip back inside and up to my room. Changing out of my pajamas I grabbed an oversized shirt not wanting my bed to smell. The smell of his cigarettes, though, was still faintly on the skin of my arms along with the smell of the night air, but it helped me quickly fall asleep.

________

In four days it would have been an year since I last updated this. Can y'all believe that mess? (Seriously how do y'all fan me? Lol I'm beyond terrible at updating haha) let me know what you thought and remember to vote. Thanks guys and I love y'all! 😘