»five«

Demi

Tugging my blue and gold plaid skirt on, it felt like my arms were a ton of bricks. Monday's are feeling a lot like death, or at least close to it and my body is still so tired. It's crazy at what time I go to sleep, but no matter what I'm still so freaking tired in the morning. School is really starting to put a drag on my wonderful life. Ha!

Going as slow as ever down the stairs I heard mom ask Joe where was I. Without even being in the same room I can tell that Joe's mouth is full of breakfast so he shrugged his shoulders in reply, as every morning. Rounding the corner into the kitchen, I almost bumped into my mom.

"Honey, remember I'll be gone for three days on business and Joe is in charge. No friends over and no parties, it's school nights so be home at 9." She kissed my cheek and grabbed her bag. "I'll be calling so try not kill eachother!"

"Bye mom and be safe," I laughed while walking into the kitchen to some juice and a banana. "Bye mom, love you!" Joe yelled upon hearing mom's last reply and the door shutting.

"Hurry up, brat," Joe warned while throwing his bowl into the sink.

I smack his head as he walked passed me to the sink. Grabbing a fresh looking banana and a bottle of apple juice, I followed Joe out of the front door. Locking it with my specially designed pink zebra stripped house key.

Both Joe and I got into his car while I struggled a little with my bag. The strap making my bra left strap scratch my skin underneath my blue cardagain and white button down.

"Some of the guys are coming over tonight so don't be annoying." Joe explained while starting his car.

It's like mom was basically talking to a brick wall when setting simple ground rules for Joe. Sometimes I wonder if it'll bite him in the ass one day.

"Joe why do you-"

I got cut off by him blasting some rap song. He's such an asshole! Rolling my eyes, I groaned and slouched in my seat.

The rest of the ride to my school was filled with only the sound of his music. Such a dickhead!

My paranoia was kicking in as I silently watched him drive me to school. Is this his way of setting me up before popping me in the mouth for going to that party? I mean he hasn't said a word to me about going, so what's the hold up with the punishment? I know his friend Nick let it slip that he saw me there. Drinking and all. Unless he hadn't of snitched, but kept his mouth closed, giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I smiled approvingly to myself at the mere thought of Nick's loyalty curving my way instead of to Joe. He's one of the only friend Joe has that has shown more loyalty to me than him and I'm asking myself is that a good thing or not. Maybe I'm just over thinking this entire assumption and getting my hopes up too high for this guy.

"Get out." Joe spat while unlocking the doors.

Looking around the campus at the empty front lawn I groaned. I'm late. If Joe had never stopped at McDonald for a breakfast biscuit I would be at school on time and be of notice why the Trievance Hopkins boys soccer bus is parked out front.

"Finally, you made it!" Miley said once I entered the school quad.

Miley was frantically grabbing for my arms while behind her Selena was rushing towards us. "They're here! Oh my God!" She screeched once she finished her stumbling into us.

Confused, I could only nod as Miley began to drag my body inside. Selena bouncing on the other side of me.

"Are y'all high, Sel?" I asked, completely out of the loop. "What's goi-"

"Shhh!" Miley hushed me and made us stop at the gym doors.

Quickly, Miley patted my clothes down and brushed my cheeks. All I could do was stand there like a doll and let her fondle my hair. Selena stood to the side of us, peeking inside the gym doors. They're acting more weird than ever, assuming, over some stupid prep rally.

We entered the gym from the girls locker room, going unnoticed as we made our way to the top of the bleachers. Finally, we sat down with me in the middle, Miley to my right and Selena to my left. There were rows filled with blue skirts or blue uniform dresses while in the middle of the court sat two rows of guys wearing red and yellow ties, white oxfords and khaki slacks. Among the two rows I spotted a senior that I've known since my freshmen year. Mrs. Carretter, our supermodel of a principal stood at the podium finishing up her speech.

"So ladies, I expect you to welcome our guest with class and warmth."

The girls began to clap wildly, but I was stuck to my seat. Dwelling on the word "guest" as Selena and Miley both looked at me. "We have boys now! I'm snagging me one!" Quipped Selena as she happily clapped her freshly manicured hands.

"What about Demi's cousin? He inboxed you on Facebook right?" Miley asked. "Oh and Demi your cousin is charming Selena out of her underwear, liking every single one of her Instagram pictures! The girl has 600 pics!" She went on.

"Ok, Miley I don't have 600.." Selena tried correcting.

As they argued over insta photos and who liked what, I began focusing on the boy below and how upside down he turned my life. Last summer is not a time I want to visit again. Especially the things with Joe. While girls of all grades spilled to the floor of the gymnasium, us three sat in place. Mrs. Carretter set up the biggest thirst trap we've ever had and the girls were flocking to it, but for me that was a good thing. At least I can go unnoticed of greeting the boys. Especially the one with the green eyes, hoarse accent, and a blonde streakgoing through his dark hair.

__________

It has been a long time haha Comment and vote please. :)