Chapter 5: Group session

Katya P.O.V
Sunday

"KATYA!" someone screams from behind me, I whirl around and there is Violet, running towards me, we run at each other and hug tight, "I haven't seen you for ages! How are you Vi?" I pull back and look at her, she's grinning wide, "I'm great girl!" I look over Vi's shoulder at Pearl, and hug her, exchanging quick words before Kameron and Bianca strut in, waving at us all. Trixie walks through the door next, in full pink sports gear, I chuckle and wink at her, she flushes red and rolls her eyes at me, I giggle as she walks over and give her a hug. Soon, Adore bursts in, claiming she's 'not fucking late this time bitches!' before standing next to Bianca. At 6.00 exactly I turn to the girls and raise my voice "Okay ladies, It's full group practice today, and since Laganja decided to be a fucktard on Friday, I'm taking today's session. Kameron, music, everyone else, in position." the girls murmur for a second before taking their place and waiting for the music to start, I stand in front of the group, then nod to Kameron, she hits the button and rushes into place.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and STILL. Lovely split Kameron, incredible turns Trixie, and well done to the rest of you. Now go home and sleep!" I yell and the girls laugh before beginning to pack up, I shove my shoes and bottle into my bag and wait for the others to leave so I can lock up. I lift my head and it's only Trixie left, tugging on her insanely high heeled boots, "Hey Trix, did you maybe wanna come back to my place for a bit?" I ask quietly, she looks up in surprise before nodding and standing up.

After locking up, we stand outside, in silence for a moment, before I grab her hand and tug her to my bike, I hand her the helmet and strap our bags in before straddling the bike and looking up at Trixie with a wink, her laugh is muffled as she sits behind me and wraps her arms around my waist, my breath hitches in my throat, but I have to force myself to rev the engine and drive off into the LA streets.

We've long since arrived at my place and are now giggling on my couch, drinking soda, and learning more about each other. I've learned that Trixie is from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and moved here two years ago to get away from her family, who discriminated her for being bisexual, she can play the guitar, auto harp and sing, she has a cat named Kitten, and loves Dolly Parton. She's honestly one of the most perfect humans to ever exist. "And then she punched her!" Trixie giggles out, I chuckle loudly and poke her bare foot rested next to my thigh, she giggles and pulls it away. We stare at each other in silence for a moment, looking into each others eyes, before bursting into peals of laughter again.

I place the steaming bowl in front of her and watch her face light up, giggling and grinning "Thank you Kats!" she says loudly before picking her spoon up and digging in. I chuckle at her antics before sitting next to her and raising my own spoon to my lips, smiling at the glee on Trixie's face when she tastes the red soup. We eat in silence, a content kind of quiet, almost comforting, Trixie has that effect on me. Trixie's bowl is empty long before mine is, sitting back in her stool contentedly with a sigh before speaking "I think I'm in love with borscht" "Oh yeah?"
"It's so good!"
I chuckle and take our bowls to the sink to rinse before stacking them in the dishwasher "I'm glad you like it"
"Hmm, I might have to move in"
My breath catches for a split second before I laugh loudly "I only have one room"
"I'll sleep on the balcony"
"Dork."
She rolls her eyes and takes a sip of soda, looking me in the eyes, "I think I've just made my first real LA friend" she says, and my heart aches.

"Hey Trix?" I say tentatively, her hair swishes as she looks at me, "Yeah?" she says, "Nothing" I blush and look back to the T.V, where Stranger Things is playing. I internally scold myself for being a cowardly fucktard, God, just tell her, fucking hell it's not that hard, get a fucking grip Zamo, she's literally right there! I can do this, breathe, come on you weak fucktard, just say it, tell her, just tell her how you feel, the worst she can do is hate you forever right? I rip myself from my thoughts, and, taking a deep breath, I shift over to Trixie's side of the couch, she turns to face me, looking deep into my soul with brown eyes. "Kats, are you okay?" She questions, I breathe deep, "Trixie, I like you, I have since I saw you nine months ago in that tap class. You are the most stunning thing in the world, you are so beautiful, inside and out." words spew from my mouth before I can stop them. Trixie's perfect face is twisted in confusion "Kats, I-" she stops mid sentence, and her eyes drop from my eyes to my lips, she breathes deep and leans forward slowly, I draw a breath, and slowly lean forward. Our lips touch, and fireworks erupt.