Chapter 13

Y/n POV:

I felt lethargic as my eyes opened to a new location. Slowly, my surroundings dawned on me; I was on stage. Shifting my eyes to the side I spotted Chica and Freddy perched up on the edge. Being not exactly quite with my movements, the two glanced over to me with worried expressions as they approached me. I was about to smile to their caring faces, then I saw it. Him tied up to the wall.

'What is he doing here? Why isn't he dead?' I couldn't control my rage.

'We can't kill him, we can't do it! And Gold ... he-he was-' Chica stammered. Her shift from anger to dejection unsettled me.

'Killed.' Freddy finished, thinning his lips.

'Springtrap killed him! One if those phantom beings tried to kill you, too,' Chica explained further, 'it's why you were knocked out.'

There's nothing I can say in the moment. Nothing felt right, everything felt changed. Freddy seemed to notice my behaviours littered with uncomfortable disbelief.

Freddy sighed, 'It's a lot to take in at once. Everything is going to change now, but we need to find a way to get through it together.'

I couldn't help but stare over to Springtrap, who was already glaring our way.

'Get some rest.' Chica finally said, slumping as she walked off.

I felt ill. Using my arms, I lifted myself from the ground and began walking away, too. Not once could I manage to avert my stare away from Springtrap. A boiling sensation filled my veins, I wished his death right now, I wished it torturous and horrific. I wished for karma to take his overdue payment. Whilst walking past the party room where the puppet box remained, a sound held me back. A cry? A sort of whimpering cry attempting to hush themself. Who was it? Peering around the corner, Marionette is sat upon his music box, crying to himself with his head down. Nobody else is around, nobody is here for him. I dislike him with a passion, but somehow a force held me from leaving. The truth in his tears ached.

'Hey ... are you okay?' What a stupid question.

His head jerked up to me, contorting to slight annoyance, 'Leave me alone.'

'No, you're crying. I can't leave you like this.' I stepped forward, standing beside him.

He didn't have strength to look me in the eye, 'Get lost, I don't want you here.'

'It's good to let your emotions out now and then. And you don't have to talk to me, but having a presence with you is usually good, just in case. But I am here for you to talk to as well. Something tells me you're many years overdue a needed rant.'

He said nothing.

I pondered over a thought, 'It's Golden Freddy, isn't it?'

He almost blushes, 'What? Why would it be him?'

I decided to sit next to him, 'Maybe because you like him.' I muttered the words.

He sobbed a moment, hanging his head completely back down. I felt tempted to place a hand over his shoulder but paused when he stabilised his breathing and sucked in a deep breath, 'What could possibly make you think such a thought?'

'Your blush.' I looked at him. He stared back like a deer in headlights, 'he wouldn't have wanted anyone to care about him, we would've only wanted everyone to continue on, including you. He'd want us to only remember good memories, so when we think of him, we smile.'

'You're a strange girl,' he noted, never taking his eyes from me.

I looked at the floor, feeling a sense of discomfort from both of us. I smiled, 'I should go now, take care of yourself.' I felt like I had to leave the poor man, but I felt a gaze drilling into the back of my head as I began walking. As though he was controlling me, I froze on the spot and couldn't move.

'He likes you, you know?' Marionette spoke at last.

'What?'

'You'll know.'

That controlling feeling washed away and I felt myself walking once more. What was that?