Chapter Five

High School

The next morning I got Peter some clothes and I decided to take him back to Aunt May myself. She must be worried. "Alright, Peter what are we telling her?" "That you also work for Mr.Stark and I bumped into you there and we went out for some food after you were off and I got punched by some guy." "Good." "How are you driving? Aren't you younger than me?" I nod. "But Tony made me a fake license." I explain. "Oh." He sits facing forward. I pull up to the apartment. "I haven't been here in years." I take a deep breath. "She's gonna be so happy." Peter guesses. I'm so nervous my hands are shaking. His warm fingers lock in with mine. "Hey, look at me." I look up at him next to me. "You'll be okay, Aunt May won't be mad. She's gonna be so happy that you're okay." He reassures. We walk up to the apartment. My hand squeezes Peters. He looks down at me. I can't control myself as I suddenly force myself against him. My fingers clutching him tightly. "What if she's mad I left her?" I quiver. He doesn't wait to hold me. His mouth next to my ear. His hand stroking my hair. "She won't be, I promise." He pulls back and keeps holding my hand. He opens the door and closes it behind us. The soft click of the door alerts an angry Aunt May. "PETER PARKER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?" She shouts. She comes rushing out from the rooms and spots me. She stops. "Y/n?" "Hi Aunt May." I wave awkwardly at her. She rushes over to me.

After catching up Peter sits on the bottom bunk. He messes with the things on his wrists. "Who was it? Who hit you?" She asks from the kitchen. "Some guy." He calls out. "So itchy man, god." He mumbles. "What's some guys name?" "Uh, Steve." "Woah." I gasp. The thing is showing a weird red hologram thingy. "Steve? From 12-C? With the overbite?" "No, no, no. You don't know him. He's from Brooklyn." She comes back in the room and Peter hides the thing under his sleeve. "Well, hope you got a few good licks in." He covers his eye. "Yeah, I got quite a few in, actually." I roll my eyes. "His friend was huge. Like huge." He nods to me. "But Y/n handled him." "Really?" I nod. "How?" "Stark trains all of his immediate staff in combat since he's IronMan and all. It can be dangerous."  "Immediate staff huh? You must be pretty important." "I can't talk about it." "That's way better, thank you." He holds the ice over his eye. "Alright you bunch of tough guys." She gets up. "Love you May, Hey can you shut the door?" She does. He puts the red hologram against the ceiling. "Cool." It's a SpiderMan symbol. He turns it off. We sit on his bed. Eventually I get up on the top bunk and lay down. It takes me ages but I eventually fall asleep.

I got ahold of Tony and told him that I wanted to stay with Aunt May again. He said that's fine and Happy will bring the rest of my stuff by. Soon enough I'd moved in and Peter split the dresser and closet with me. The first day of school I slept in.

"Y/n. Get up." It's Peters voice. "Peter." I mumble happily in my sleep. "Of course, yes, Peter I feel the same." I dream of Peter telling me he still likes me. "Y/n!" I sit up. Peter is shaking me awake. "Come on we'll be late you got like." he looks at the clock "5 minutes." I hop down from the top bunk and rush around the room and the bathroom. He waits by the door. "Come on!" He shouts. I run to the front door. Peter looks at me and his face tints a soft shade of pink. He looks away at the wall. "You forgot your pants." He mumbles. "Oh!" I rush back in and shove my feet through some pants. Finally we make our way to the bus. Peter pulls me down into the seat next to him. He leans against the window. "Rough night?" I ask. I lean my head against his shoulder. "Yeah." He looks at me. I close my eyes and relax. My nerves are through the roof. I've never been to school. From what I've seen on tv teenagers are mean. My eyes open when Peters sits up and his hands take mine in his. "Chill out man, your hands are shaking." I look at Peter. "You don't need to explain, I get it. You've never been to a school." His arms wrap around me in a gentle hug. "You'll be fine, if anyone messes with you they'll have me to deal with." He mumbles. "Thank you, Peter." "Woah Peter." A voice behind us says. We pull apart. It's some chubby kid. He must have just got on. "Who's the girl?" I just turn around and go back to leaning on Peter while he talks to the kid. "Oh Y/n this is Ned. Hes my best friend." I turn around. "Nice to meet you, Ned." I put my hand out to him. He takes it. "Woah Peter are all girls this soft?" I pull my hand back. "Oh I'm sorry just, we don't talk to girls much." "It's alright." Finally we make it to the school. "Alright first order of business let's get you your schedule." Peter announces. I follow him to the office. The process is pretty quick and we're in and out in about 3 minutes. "Okay now we're early so how about a little tour?" I nod. First he shows me the cafeteria and the library and then my classes. I have a few with him. He takes me to his locker and he puts his stuff in and he puts mine in too. Then Ned comes back. He wants to build the lego Death Star. He says I can help too. "Wanna build it tonight?" "Oh I can't tonight I got the Stark Internship." No he doesn't. "Mmhm Stark Internship." "Yeah exactly." I walk with them. "Boys got that internship." "Yeah well hopefully soon it'll lead to a real job, like Y/ns." "You work for Tony Stark?" I nod. "But I can't talk about it so keep it hush." While Ned talks Peter smiles. I can't help but stare when he smiles. But then he stops smiling and looks forward. I look forward and there's a pretty girl walking across the hall. So, Peter likes her. The bell rings and Peter takes us to our class. He sits back in his seat. I sit in an open seat. Some douchebag looking guy comes walking in. He looks at me and pulls up a seat next to me. He sits with his head in his hand staring at me. "Can I help you?" "Oh I bet there's lots you could do for me." I furrow my brows and move a little away from him. Class starts and he continues to stare. He reaches out and touches my hair and I slap his hand away. "Don't touch me." "Flash!" The teacher calls. "It's the product of sign decided by the angle and the gravity of mass." He answers smugly. "Nope, Peter!" I turn and he sits up behind me. "You still with us?" "Yeah, uh, mass cancels out so it's just gravity times sign." "Right. See flash being the fastest isn't always the best if you are wrong." He leans back and puts his arm around my chair. He looks back at Peter and say something. I move his arm from around my chair.

After my next class I sit in the cafeteria with Peter and Ned. I sit a little packed between them. "Did Liz get a new top?" Peter asks, his eyes never leaving her. I get it, she's pretty. "Nope, you've seen that before but never with that skirt." Ned points out. "Should probably stop staring before it gets too creepy though." "Too late." A girl says down the table. "You guys are losers." She says. I clamp my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing to loud. "Well then why do you sit with us?" Ned asks. "Cause I don't have any friends." She confesses.

School ends and I rush to catch up with Peter. "Peter slow dow-." I cut my self off tripping over the last step. "Ah!" I hit the ground pretty hard. "Oh my god Y/n." He comes back over. "I'm so sorry I should have told you I was in a hurry." He helps me up. My knees scraped. "Oh man your knee." "It's cool, look." I turn only my knee metal and when it goes away my knee is fine. "Woah that's so cool!" "It only works with minor injuries though." "Well its better than nothing." "Yeah." I smile. We head off.

We enter some small shop/deli. "Who's the pretty girl Parker?" He smiles. "This your girlfriend?" Peter shakes his head defensively. "No, she's not my girlfriend." I look down at my feet. The guy leans in close to Peter and says something I can't hear. (I'm pretty sure she wants to be). I pet the cat and Peter looks over at me. I catch his gaze and smile at him. He just has a strange look in his eye. He gets his stuff and we leave. "Yeah I got stuff to do, do you mind just going home on your own?" "Why? I can't come with you?" "Nah you wouldn't want to." "Okay." He runs off but I hide in an Alley and puff into some smoke. I follow him. He changes in an alley. Of course he's doing SpiderMan stuff with out me. I follow him around. What a goofball. He has a lot of fun. He sits on a fire escape and sends in his daily report to Happy. He spots two guys going to rob a bank. I follow Peter inside. He awkwardly leans against the doorway. "What's up guys? For got your PIN number?" He teases. "Woah you're the avengers. What are you guys doing here?" IronMan points a gun at Peter. I sit in front of him still invisible. Peter webs the gun and smacks two of em. "Thor, Hulk. Good to finally meet you guys." Peter jokes. He moves to catch Peter in some weird thing and I take his place but the gun can't hold my weight as metal and it drops me. "What are you doing here?" "I followed you." "Why?" "You know why." We talk while we fight. The guy powers up some gun and it hits the deli from earlier. "Mr. Delmar." Peter says. "You go check on him I'll stay here." I order. Peter rushes over there and I continue with the guys. They manage to slip through my fingers. But Peter saved the guy and his cat. He calls Happy and we get back home. Peter climbs and I float in through the window. He pulls his mask off and I close the door. Peter drops down. We turn around and Ned's there. He drops the lego Death Star. The shock changes me back. Peter glances over at my naked body and puts himself in front of me. His hand against my bare hip holding me back. But I peak out at Ned. "What was that?" May calls. "Nothing Aunt May I just dropped my bag!" I call out. "You're SpiderMan." Ned says. "From YouTube." "I'm not. I'm not." He deflates his suit. He slides it off. I move back a bit so my naked body isn't against him. "You were on the ceiling." Ned points out. "No. What are you doing in my room?" "May let me in. We were gonna finish the Death Star." "You can't just bust into my room!" I quickly smoke and blend in with the smoke from the kitchen as May opens the door. "That turkey meatloaf recipe is a disaster." She laughs. She lets her hair down. "Let's go to dinner. Thai? Ned, you want Thai?" She asks. "Yes." "No. He's got a thing." Peter says. "A thing to do after." Ned argues. "Okay." She leaves. I morph back and Peters hands shoot to cover Ned's eyes. Peter covers his own eyes but I can still see him pushing against his boxers a little. I grab clothes while they talk. "Oh, she doesn't know?" Ned asks. "Nobody knows." He removes his hand over Ned's eyes while I finish getting dressed. "Mr. Stark knows because he made my suit. That's it." "Tony Stark made you that?" Ned can see again since I'm done changing. "Are you an Avenger?" "I am." I bud in. "That's so cool." "You can't tell anybody about this. You gotta keep it a secret." "Secret? Why?" "Ned, you have to know what May is like." I argue. "Okay, okay, okay. I'll level with you. I can't keep this a secret. It's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me." I turn my hands metal and pin him to the wall by his shirt. "You can't tell anyone, Ned." Im stern and forward. "Okay." I let him go. "Just swear it." Peter asks. "I swear." He says. "Thank you." "Yeah." Peter sends him off and leans against the door. I walk to him. "It's okay, Peter. You just gotta trust him."