Chapter Two

Aunt May

I bump into some lady in the street. "Oh, I'm sorry." She smiles. I just nod and start walking. "Hey! Wait." She follows me. "Where are your parents?" She asks. I just stay silent and pull my hand from her grip. "Oh, I'm sorry." I just stay quite. Just leave me alone lady. "Well." She squats down to my level. "I'm May." I look at her. "Do you have a name?" I shake my head. "I don't remember anything." I confess. She frowns. "Well, lets give you a name. But let's get some food first, you must be hungry."

She takes my hand and walks me into a near by dinner. We sit in a back booth. She orders pancakes for me. "I bring my nephew Peter here sometimes." She sips her coffee. "So..." she leans forward. "About that name, got anything specific in mind?" She asks. I shake my head. "Mmm, lets see." She thinks for a minute. She mumbles a few names. "I know, how about y/n?" "Y/n?" "Yeah." I think it's an okay name. "Okay." I look up at her. I disarm her with a small smile. She smiles. Then our food arrives. The pancakes are fluffy and melt in my mouth. "Where will you go after this?" She asks. I shrug. "Do you wanna come stay with me for a little while?" I think about it. "Come on, lets go get you some proper clothes then you can tell me how you feel about it."

She takes my hand and we walk into a near by shop. I run my hands over all the fabrics. She picks out things for me and takes them to the front desk. I still don't know if I trust her or not. But, inevitably she can't hurt me. I think I'll go with her. Just for a bit. We walk down the street. I stop. She turns to face me. "What-." "I'll stay with you." I cut her off. I look at her with a serious face. "But only for a little while." "Okay!"

She says nothing more and leads me down the street. "Well, this is home." We stand in front of an apartment building. She takes me up to her apartment. She leads me to a room. It's got legos and posters. "This is usually where my nephew stays when he visits but you can have this room now." She sets the bags down and cleans up some stuff. "Now, I guess I'll have to look into homeschooling you." She mumbles to herself. "Well, I'll go look into getting you settled. Make your self at home." She leaves to another room.

I look around at the room. I find a picture frame on the desk. It's a little boy. About my age. I set it back down and exit the room. I wander around the place looking at everything. I settle back in my room. I sit down and pull out some legos. I start building random little things.

"Y/n! What would you like for lunch?" I snap back to reality from my little flash back. I've been here for about a month or two since then. She's started homeschooling me. Today's a Friday which means It's a half day and I can play after lunch. I stand up from the desk. The walls of my room a pale shade of pink. I open the door. "Can I have pb&j please?" I call out. "Of course. Now finish that math work before you eat!" I rush back in the room and sit down. I quickly finish up my times tables and put my school work away.

I rush out of the room and nearly knock her over. "Woah, careful squirt. Almost made me drop your food." She hands the plate to me and I rush out onto the couch. She sits down with a bowl of salad and I flip on some cartoons. I eat my sandwich with the crust. "Gosh, you're such a good kid, eating with the crust." She teases. "I don't mind the crust." I mumble munching on my sandwich. "Peter would never eat the crust." She speaks. "Oh! That reminds me he's coming over tomorrow. That means you'll have to share you toys and the top bunk, okay?" I nod. "Yes Aunt May." She had me settle on calling her aunt since I didn't feel comfortable calling her mom.

The next morning Aunt May helps me wash my hair. "Alright, all clean. Come on lets get dressed. Peters coming soon." She helps me wrap my hair and pick out some clothes. She puts me in a pair of shorts and a red sweater. I sit on the edge of the couch while she paints my toe nails. I blow on my drying hands with the towel still holding my wet hair up. "Alright, now don't move until this episode ends or you'll mess up your nails." She leaves and comes back with a blow dryer and a brush. She sits down behind me and moves the towel to hang on my shoulders. I watch my show while she blow drys my hair. "Now, Peter is a handsome young man so don't be embarrassed if you get a crush on him." She teases. "Aunt May." I pout. "I know, I know. I shouldn't play matchmaker with my 11 year old nephew." She laughs.