Chapter Three

Tony Stark

I stand in the middle of the training chamber. The long staff in my hand. I take a deep breath. "You ready?" Happy asks. I nod. He activates the daily training program Tony set in place. I've been here for three years. I'm home schooled online. Tony got me a fake birth certificate and ID even a passport. He took care of me. He doesn't let me stay in the Stark Tower... I stay under it. He lets me outside obviously, I'm not a prisoner I'm here willingly. I like it here. I feel strong and useful. He brings me upstairs for dinner with him every night. I hit the last dummy and the buzzer sounds. I walk to the bench and chug some water. He's had me training in all forms of combat, he says that it's dangerous to rely entirely on my powers to protect me. He says that "there will be situations where I won't wanna reveal myself. So I have to protect myself." He kneels down to my level. "Do you understand? You're a sweet girl, I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt." I nod. He hugs me. "Now come on, lets clean that cut up."

"Y/n?" Happy calls. "Yeah?" "You good?" "Yeah, just lost in thought." I call to him. "Alright, I'll be upstairs if you need me." Happy is kinda like my uncle in a way. He leaves to the stairs. There's no elevator to this floor, Tony doesn't wanna risk someone pressing the wrong button and finding me. He has enemy's, people who'd love to hurt me to get to him. He thinks of me like a daughter in a way.

I lay in my bed that night. He didn't call me up for dinner. I'm worried. I roll over and face the wall. I can't sleep. I plant my feet on the cold floor. I walk out of my room and back to the training room. I pull down my punching bag and sit on the bench wrapping my hands. I turn the radio on and punch the night away.

"Y/n." The voice is all hazy. A warm hand on my shoulder. I'm being shook. I sit up. "Tony?" "Hey kido, you fell asleep in here." He squats in front of me. He sports his usual casual wear. Pair of sweats and a shirt. I passed out on the bench. "You didn't call me up last night, I was worried." "I'm sorry, I should have told you I was having some people over." "It's alright, just tell me next time you ass." I punch his shoulder. "Ow, and watch your mouth." He jokes. "The Tony Stark telling me to watch my mouth?" I tease putting my punching bag back. "We need to talk kido... you know about my Avengers team and all." "Yeah?" I ask, my back still to him. "Well... we've run into a bit of a problem and I need you to help us." I turn to face him. "What's going on?" "Well, it all started with Hydra." He beings debriefing me as we walk to the stairs. "So, do I get to meet the guys? That are still on our side, I mean." He grins. "Of course."

When we get off the elevator there's everyone waiting in the living room. "Y/n, this is the team. Team, this is the infamous Y/n." Tony introduces me to everyone. "This is Black Widow." "Natasha." She smiles. "War Machine." "James." "Vision." "Jarvis." I smile. "Hello, Y/n." "Black Panther." "It's a pleasure." He shakes my hand. "That's everyone for now at least." "So what does she do?" Natasha asks. "I just wanna know I'm not putting a kid in danger." "I can handle myself." I scoff. "Show them." Tony orders. "Alright." "Metal." It's much faster now that I'm used to it. My clothes evaporate like nothing. My whole body a shiny metal. "She's metal?" James asks. "Fire." "Are you sure I don't-." "Fire." I let steam out of my nose and the flames dance around my eyes. Everyone stands back a bit. "Water." The cool liquid runs through me reliving me of the heat. My body see though. "Smoke." I evaporate into a white cloud that's loosely shaped like me. "Now go get dressed and come back." I turn metal and walk off. "Sorry, her clothes disappear when she changes." Something I can't hear. "No she can turn into literally anything." The elevator closes and down I go.

I sit at the table in my new uniform at S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury is explaining the plan. After being assigned my orders I walk with Tony. "Hey, Y/n." "Hmm." "I want you to know that you're not the only surprise I'm bringing tomorrow." "What do you mean?" "There's another boy, he's about your age. Maybe a few months older than you." "What's his name?" "I cant tell you that but he's SpiderMan." I nod. "Anything I should know about him?" "No, I just figured you should know." I nod. "Thank you, for keeping me informed."

The next morning I sit with my feet on the cold metal floor. Today's the day. It's go time Y/n. I run my fingers through my hair. I shuffle to the shower. I take my time relaxing in the warm water. I blow dry my hair like Aunt May used to. I miss her. I'm sorry Aunt May. I'm sorry I left you. I hope she'd be proud of what I've become. I make my way down to get breakfast. I make myself a spinach omelet. I pour my self two glasses. Milk and Water. I eat and down both. I take the bottles of water and find my way to the training room. I take out a punching bag and set up. Before I can wrap my hands the door opens. "Oh, I didn't expect anyone to be here this early." I turn facing Natasha. "Neither did I. I'm always first." She sets her bag down. "Care for some sparing? A real partners more fun than a bag." I ask. She looks at me. "Alright, but I can't promise I'll take it easy." "I was hoping you wouldn't." I smile. She comes hard but I come harder. I slip under her arms. My arms move under her and lift her. Her back hits the ground with a thud. "Damn kid, you're fast." She sits up. Sweat drips from us both. "Remind me not to upset you." She moves to sit on the bench and get water. I do the same. "You're one tough chick." She places a firm hand on my shoulder. "You've got my respect." I smile at her. She looks at my fingers. My nails a deep shade of red. All chipped and unkempt. "Come on." She stands up. "Let's fix those nails, yeah?" "Alright."

We get to my room and I hand her my bottle of nail polish. We sit on the bed. "Pretty color." She compliments painting my toes. "How'd you pick it?" "There was a lady I used to stay with when I was younger, she painted my nails once and it was this exact shade. I only use this color to keep her close in my memory. I don't ever want to forget her." I confess. "Well, She sounds like a nice woman." "She was the best." "What happened?" Tony found me and I went with him. I thought it was best for everyone, he wanted my help and I needed his. Then if I went with him I wouldn't burden her anymore." "That's sad. I bet she misses you."
After we do our nails we all meet for a last minute discussion and it's go time.