Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Taylor Tuom

I woke up with a nagging headache and a pain in my chest (theoretically, of course; I didn't really have a pain in my chest).

As if my morning couldn't get any worse, I slipped off my bed only to, literally, slip. I'd knocked the glass of water on my night stand over in the middle of the night (assuming), resulting in me landing on my face early in the morning.

"Tay, you okay?" Kaytlin calls from somewhere else in the apartment.

"I'm okay!" I shout, standing up and heading to my dresser to retrieve dry clothes (mine got wet upon falling).

Once I was changed into some proper clothes and managed to do something to my hair (I was too lazy to put on make up), I trekked to the living room. To my surprise, Kaytlin was just getting ready to leave.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Um, the airport," she answers.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Um, okay. How are you getting there?"

I was confused as to not only how she was getting there, but also why. I thought Louis wanted nothing to do with her.

"I called a cabbie," Kaytlin replies.

Before I could ask her why she was even going, you could hear the honk of a cab outside.

"I'll be home soon," she says before dashing out the door.

I sigh, taking a seat on the couch with my phone. I pull up Twitter, scrolling through the social media app aimlessly, when I come across a tweet.

@Luke5SOS: I wish that I could wake up with amnesia...

I close the app as soon as I read the tweet and flipped on the TV.

"The 5 Seconds of Summer boys were spotted at the airport recently. Sources say they're heading back home to Australia for the holidays," a woman on the telly explained.

I rolled my eyes, turning the TV off. I glanced around the apartment, thinking I could maybe clean it. Much to my dismay (and boredom), though, Kaytlin cleaned it the day before.

My phone vibrated in my lap and I saw a new tweet. I forgot to turn off the notifications for those.

@Luke5SOS: come on, skinny love. what happened here?

I feel my heart tighten. He cannot seriously just throw those Bon Iver lyrics at me like that. Not like this. Especially when I should be the one subtweeting him with those lyrics instead of him subtweeting me. So I do, composing two different tweets.

@TaylorT96: and I told you to be patient. and I told you to be fine.

@TaylorT96: and I told you to be balanced. and I told you to be kind.

My phone vibrates with another tweet.

@Luke5SOS: and in the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind.

@Luke5SOS: 'cause I'll be holding all the tickets and you'll be owning all the fines.

That's when I knew what had to be done. I have to get to that airport in the next twenty minutes (doubtful with this early morning traffic) or I'd lose my (possibly) forever... forever.

///////

Sorry, this was a filler and it sucked so bad. I just wanted to build up to the good stuff! As always, Taylor's outfit is at the top. This is just Part 1 of this day. I'll post Chapter Nineteen soon. It will be continue with this day.

Just to let you guys know, school for me starts August 14th. Wooooooooooo! Junior year! Not. Fml.

Anyway, idk if I'll update as much. Just keep your fingers crossed.

I know I said 10 votes for the last chapter, but I only got 6. That makes me v v v v v v sad, guys, because at least 16 people read the chapter. Is my writing that horrendous?

PLEASE VOTE! SERIOUSLY.