Chapter Seventeen

Dedicated to 4ever_dreaming7 because she's super rad and you should totally check out her story Out Of Reach // a.i. It's SUPER good. So go read it. :)

Anyway, Chapter 17.

/////

Chapter Seventeen

Taylor Tuom

I woke up the next morning with dried tears on my face. My first thought was that I am such an awful person. Luke confided in me and I pushed him away.

"Tay, you up?" Kaytlin asks, knocking on my bedroom door.

"Yeah," I hoarsely reply.

She enters my room, walking the few steps to my bed and climbing in with me. It's quiet for a few moments until she decides to speak up.

"So, I went to the doctor yesterday, as you know," she begins.

"Oh, yeah. How'd that go?" I ask.

"It went well," she says, "but I am pregnant."

"Oh?" I raise an eyebrow.

"And I went to talk to Louis afterwards," she goes on.

"Oh!" I exclaim. "And?"

"He wants to be there for the baby," Kaytlin tells, "but not for me necessarily."

My eyes widen. "What?"

"He agreed to send monthly checks, but I'm not to go to the media or anything of that matter," she further explains.

"I guess that's good," I say. "How are you, though? I mean, you guys have been basically inseparable for a month."

"I'm not okay," she says, "but I will be."

/////

"Hey, Luke, it's me again. Just calling to see if you're okay... again. Call me back, please." I hit end, the voicemail coming to a close.

I sigh, falling back onto the couch. My eyes drift to the time on the clock, seeing that it's almost eleven at night. Kaytlin went to bed long ago, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

My phone vibrates from where I tossed it beside me and I scramble to pick it up. Without even looking at the caller ID, I answer the phone.

"Luke?" I ask, my heartbeat increasing with each second.

"No, it's Ashton."

"Ashton?" I repeat. "What's wrong? Oh my God, is Luke okay?"

"Luke's not hurt," he says. "Not physically."

"What is it then?" I ask.

"He's - no, Luke - throwing a tantrum," Ashton says. "Can you - Luke, put down that bottle of tequila. You are underage, mister. - come over?"

"I'll be there as soon as I can," I state, ending the call.

Still in my pajamas, I slip on my booties and grab my car keys. I leave a note for Kaytlin in case she wakes up and hurry to my car as quickly as I can.

In seven minutes (eight minutes less than it would take if I were to go the speed limit), I arrived at Luke's place. Ashton answers the door, giving me the run down of what was going on.

"Has he been drinking?" I ask, remembering what Ashton was saying to Luke over the phone about a bottle of tequila.

"No," he replies.

"Where's he at?" I sigh.

"His room."

I nod, making my way up the steps of their house. I go to the last door on the left, knocking before entering, but not waiting for the okay to go in.

"Luke?"

I shut the door behind me, turning back around. There's a lump under a canopy of sheets and blankets.

"What?" he groggily speaks back.

"How are you?" I ask, finally realizing how awkward this situation was.

I don't know why Ashton called me in the first place. I didn't have any clue what to do.

"Shitty, as I'm sure you know," he replies.

I roll my eyes, not finding pleasure in his attitude. I take a seat beside his obvious lump of a body on the bed.

"Why were you thrashing out today?" I ask.

"Hmm, let me think," he snaps, emerging from the heap of cotton.

Our eyes meet and I instantly notice how his are red. If I didn't know better, I'd say he'd been smoking weed. But, obviously, I knew better. He'd been crying, not smoking illegal drugs.

"My girlfriend totally pushed me away when I told her how I felt," he angrily states.

I clench my eyes shut. "It's not like that." But it was. I had pushed him away.

"It is to!" Luke shouts.

I dare to meet his eyes, noticing the anger and sadness. "I just..."

"You just what, Taylor?" he asks. "Spit it out already."

"We haven't even been dating for very long," I point out.

"And? You don't put a time on love," Luke adamantly argues.

"You don't, I agree," I say, "but Luke... I'm not ready for that."

"Love?" he asks. "If you're not ready for love, then why are you in a relationship with me?"

"Because I like you," I emphasize.

Luke shakes his head, staring down at his lap. "I think you should go, Taylor."

"No, Luke. We need to fix this," I say.

"Fix what?" he yells. "You are incapable of ever loving me. Why should I even try?"

"I'm not incapable, damn it!" I shout, standing up. "I'm just scared!"

"Tay-"

"No, Luke," I say, pushing him away as he stood up in front of me. "You don't get to feel sorry. You did this. You pushed all this on me too soon. I just lost my fucking son a year ago. I don't need this."

"He was my son, too!" Luke screams.

"I know that and I'm sorry, but we rushed into this. I'm leaving," I say, swinging open his bedroom door. "Have a safe flight tomorrow."

"Taylor," he desperately tries.

"Goodbye, Luke."

//////

I'm sorry. This totally sucked butthole. I just can't put them back together that quickly. This is just all part of the plot.

Okay, a lot of you have been reading. I don't know if you know this or not, but I can see how many of you read a chapter. Only about five of you regularly vote. So if you want me to update quickly, I expect 10 votes a chapter at least.

I don't want to be that author, but I feel like I need to be in order to get my story out there and noticed.

I will not update until there's at least ten votes on this chapter.

Also, super in love with Little Mix. I downloaded their album and I've been jamming so hard. Perrie is bae.