18. Love means Care?

Chapter 18

Aakifah organizes her jewelry back into velvet chests and stacks them in a neat array locking the drawer responsively. She keenly gazes up to her reflection in dressing mirror and admires herself. Everyone is beautiful in his own way and so does she. Her smile however flips into a sad sigh at the remembrance at zilch genuine praises tonight. Let others aside, her own mother was solely focused on dear Khushi. Being an elder sister, she has been performing her duties well in previous days despite an unwelcomed heft on her heart.

Finishing the call with the construction manager about the final retouches to his grand office, Aqeeb pleasingly looks toward his wife. His eyes drool over her alluring self. Placing mobile on the glass table, he advances some steps to stand right beside her, bringing a complete satisfactory reflection in mirror.

With a slight rub to his cold nose, he takes time to drink in her existence. He has missed her entire time when she was gone to her parents for the preparations. He wanted to refute her departure but love-sick actions do not harmonize with his mature self.

He admires the way her lowered eyes move left to right in anticipation of his affection.

He leans down to turn the customary compliment incomparable in cooperation of his husky whisper and sharp teeth grazing her delicate earlobe. "You crafted the event ravishing with your mere smile."

Her little heart starts do summersaults at his expression of love. "Honest compliment?" She requires confirmation.

He ignores her question with slight shake of head and begins to take off her hair pins. The shine and softness of her hair itch his hands to play with them. He regrets to not notice them earlier and get married to her a few years back. "Why would I lie, honey?" He questions back.

She steals glances of his well-squared jaw, thick stubby beard and the swung romantic posture he slips only in moments of seclusion with her.

Aqeeb runs fingers through her open tresses, waving off the stiffness caused by the excessive use of hairspray to keep curls intact. "Would you go with bun tomorrow?" The unconcealed expression of love after putrefying in the unwanted despair for days startles her. He is suddenly interested enough in her hair to brush them straight and dig more details about them.

"Yeah but plans do change."

He does not waste more time and says his heart, "I missed you damn much." He holds up her chin and bends to linger a sweet kiss against her lips. "Next time you wish to stay at your parents, I would strictly prohibit."

Aakifah has been taking his permissions out of a good wife. She never went without his consent either she was required to join ladies on late night shopping and outings or she was obliged to stay towards her parents for wedding preparations. He has been reluctant each time but loved her with rawer passion at the following opportunity. She rubs the back of his palm in assurance of his wish. His happiness counts. He is her husband after all, her top notch priority.

***

Khushi scrubs the makeup fourth and the final time and shivers run down her spine at the thought of going back and be his – completely. Their previous moments were just a glimpse to the passion he will be soon demonstrating on bed.

The tension needs to be released before solely immersing in the divine pleasure of this night. She jiggles her head to shrug off anticipation. She is not petrified of him but because of her blunderbusses in the most unexpected situations. Binning the wet makeup remover, she uses the gel cream to let off the stubborn pigments of makeup. Next, she uses towel to clean her moisten shoulders and neck. The cleanser never itched her before like today. The soul credit goes to the bites. This drove her to envisage the sweet itching in post-lovemaking bath.