🌑9🌑

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"I'm sorry mom..." I sobbed.

"What is happening with you lately. You were studying okay without problems. Now even THIS?" She asked me, showing the container.

"I couldn't sleep. I just took a few of them..."

"THAT EXPLAINS WHY THE CONTAINER IS ALMOST EMPTY!"

She sat on the couch, putting her hand on her head.

"I-I'm sorry mom. I didn't mean to cause problems."

"Well, you did. Pack your stuff. You are going to your fathers by the end of the week. I can't handle you anymore." She said and got up, going to her room.

My tears were falling one by one. I ran to my room and cried my heart out.

"I'm so tired from all this." I made my way to the bathroom. Opening the cupboard, I grabbed the first container with pills inside and swallowed almost everything.

Making my way to my bed, I laid down. The front door slamming shut is the last thing I remember before I drifted into the slumber.

"Hope?" I called for him, looking everywhere.

He called out my name, "W-what are you doing here?" He asked with a worried expression.

"I don't want to wake up anymore." I cried as I hugged him.

"What? No, you can't, you have to!" He said and broke the hug.

"Even if I had to..I can't." I showed him a sad smile.

"W-wha-"

Everything that surrounded us started to disappear.

"What did you do?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"I-I took pills. And I don't think I will wake up." Blank expression plastered on my face.

"What?" He was shocked.

"Listen, you have to wake up!"

"But no one wants me there. I want to stay with you. Please, I want to stay." I begged.

"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" He shouted. I flinched when he raised his voice. It's the first time.

"Me- all this," he showed the surroundings "It's all your imagination. If you die...we will all disappear." He said, almost crying.

"What?" I felt my lips tremble.

"There will be nothing left...even me and you.."

"I didn't mean this to happen...I-I didn't know."

"Please, you have to wake up."

"I can't." I started to cry.

"Come on, try. After you wake up, I probably won't appear in your dreams anymore. Just remember to smile often and be yourself. Love yourself, because that's all you need." He smiled.

My vision started to blurry and I couldn't feel his touch anymore.

"Thank you," I whispered and opened my eyes, to see white ceiling.

When my vision focused, I saw my parents talking to the doctor.

"Oh, she woke up." The nurse noticed me.

"Hey.." Mom came running to me.

"M-mom? Dad?" I asked. "What are you doing here? Where am I?"

"We're so sorry. Because of our work...we couldn't pay you more attention. When your mom found you in your room unconscious and called me, I dropped everything and flew to you." Dad said, his face showing sorrow.

"I'm fine, Dad," I said, smiling weakly. I couldn't move any muscle at that time.

"We're so sorry. I'm so sorry for being a horrible mother. I-I didn't value you and treated you like you're nothing, I-"

"Mom, it's okay," I reassured. Both of them came to hug me.

"I love you guys...more than you know."

People say you know how much a person means to you when you lose them. It turns out to be true.

--------------------