Chapter 5

I swung the door open and kept my head down hoping, no, praying, no one was in the living room. Avoid Jake at all cost, I thought. 

"Hey, Gia, who's this?" Ashley asked, referring to the boy I had brought in the house with me. She jumped off the couch and walked over to us. 

"Uh, Ashley, this is my boyfriend Andrew, Andrew, this is my sister Ashley," I said sheepishly.

"Yo," Andrew said, adjusting the hat on his head. I bit my lip nervously as Ash gave me a questioning look. I faked a smile and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled and put his arm around me. 

"So how long have you two been--" Jake came up from the basement and started walking towards the living room. He looked me in the eyes and smiled but I looked away and pulled Andrew up the stairs. 

"Can't talk now, we gotta do homework," I said as I sprinted up the stairs. I pushed Andrew into my room and I slammed the door. 

"They probably think we're fucking," Andrew said throwing his bag onto my bag. "That was nice with the whole 'kiss on the cheek' thing." 

"And the arm around me, that was great," I gave him a high-five. Then I had an idea..."Maybe we should make them think we're fucking," He thought of it for a second then shot me down. 

"What if your sister walks in and we aren't doing anything? That would be awkward," he explained. I decided he was right, then I started doing my home work. "So," he grabbed one of my pillows and started throwing it up in the air, "are you gonna come see the play?" he asked. I turned around in my chair and smiled at him. 

"Maybe, we'll see," I turned back around and worked at my Algebra homework. 

"You know, you should join drama," he said sitting up, putting the pillow underneath his arm. 

"I would, but..."

"Yeah, I know, losers blah blah blah, but you could change that! You could be with me!" I looked at him and pretended like i was thinking about it. I slowly shook my head no and continued on my home work. "Whatever. That boy you like could come to your performances, what's his name? Jak--" I jumped up and smacked my hand over his mouth. 

"Don't say his name," I took my hand away from his mouth and said to hell with home work. I grabbed my laptop and pulled up a bootleg of Wicked and we watched it together.

Towards the end of Wicked Ashley came in to check up on us. We didn't even have to try, and she still thought we were doing the do. 

"How's the home work going?" She asked. 

"Fine, we just finished up," I said trying to push the door closed. 

"I'm gonna leave this open, If I hear it shut, I'm coming up here," She said, giving me a stink eye. 

"That's okay, I have to get going anyway," Andrew said pushing his books into his bag and slinging it over his shoulder. 

"I'll walk you out," I said pushing past Ashley. I walked Andrew outside and to his car. I figured they were watching us so I kissed him. I stepped back as he backed out of my driveway. When I walked back into the house Jake was sitting on the couch looking at me. I didn't even look at him, I just ran upstairs to my room. I havne't talked to Jake since the morning we woke up next to each other. I go to great lengths to Ignore him. I think he understands now because he hasn't tried to talk to me. I just can't face what he has to say about that night. I know it meant nothing but I just can't help thinking it did. I can't help thinking that when he kissed me, it's because he wanted to. Or that he actually didn't want me to leave when he held me closer. I wanted to just grow some balls and go over there and talk to him, but I just couldn't do it. 

_______________________________

GURL BYE. YOU UGLY AS FUCK. YOU LOOK LIKE MY FOOT. AHHHHH. EXECUTE YOURSELF. 

:* sometimes I laugh because I suck at writing xD Suck my ass.