I chuckle as he pulls me into his body and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"But seriously, you look amazing lulu"

"It's just a little makeup" I respond meekly.

"No it isn't" he replies with a breathtaking smile.

He leans down and kisses me.

"I'll miss you while your gone" he says resting his forehead on mine

I smile at him.

"I'll miss you too"

I knew it was cheesy, but Jonas made me happy. Truly happy. The way he always complimented me and made me feel beautiful. He always made me feel loved and free, and alive. I didn't know what was going to happen today at school, who I would run into or how the day was going to go. But I didn't care, because as soon as the final bell rang I would be able to see Jonas again. And that was amazing.

He gives me one more quick kiss before pulling away and putting on a shirt.

"Come on slow poke. We wouldn't want you late on your first day" he says with a smirk as he walks toward the door.

My jaw drops and he starts laughing.

I run after him and once I catch up he kisses my cheek and grabs my hand before heading downstairs to his car.

>>>>>>>>

"Lacey!" A Familiar voice calls from behind me.

I whip around and see Wes sprinting towards me.

"Hey Wes."

"Are you still coming to my show Friday?"

"Yeah! I'm really excited to see you guys."

Wes beams at me as he shoves his hands in his pocket.

"How's your first day going?"

I shrug as I shut my locker and sling my backpack over my shoulder.

"It's fine I guess, all of my classes are in the new expansion so I've gotten lost a few times but it's all good so far."

Wes chuckles.

"I wish I had it that good. My first day sucked balls."

I groan and scrunch my nose and his word choice.

"You got anywhere to sit at lunch?"

"Uh nope, just with Nova, but i don't know where she's at today. I haven't seen her"

"Sit with me?" He asks with a hopeful tone.

"Sure"

He smiles at me before swinging an arm around my shoulders and leading me to the cafeteria line.

"What are you in the mood for today? Mystery meat?" He asks wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ew no. What the hell is mystery meat?"

"Hmm I'm not sure. I think it's like a mixture of everything"

"Gross"

Wes chuckles as he picks up a Gatorade and an apple before placing them on his tray. I grab an orange and a bottle of water before continuing to follow him through the line.

"So Wes, I have a question."

"Shoot" he responds not taking his eyes off of the lunch lady that's scooping pasta onto his plate.

"I know you said that things were kinda rough at home and that's why you moved here, but why come to Birchwood High? Why not Glenwood?" I ask as the lunch lady scoops pasta onto my dish.