Rootbeer

*LACEY*

I pulled away, why the hell did I pull away? This is what I've wanted for so long so why? I was so confused. Jonas just confessed that he lied about regretting the kiss, he told me he wanted me. He told me that I was worth it. And I kissed him. It felt so right but so wrong. He's engaged. That's final.

"Lacey?" He calls to me.

"I can't Jonas. I can't do this with you. You're engaged, I can't do this to Vikki. She doesn't deserve it."

Yes I hated her but no girl deserves to be told that they aren't loved. And what was I going to say to Benji?

"I'll leave her then."

My heart jumped. He was willing to leave her for me. I wanted to smile but I couldn't, my body wouldn't allow me to be the other woman, I hated cheating and I hated relationships being broken up because people can't contain themselves.

"No Jonas."

"It's my decision"

"Yes it is but you can do that to her, she doesn't deserve it. And you know how I feel about it, I'm not gonna be the other woman. I can't be. I won't be able to live with myself if I broke up your relationship."

"You're the only woman for me lulu. I should've told you that at the Halloween party, I should've told when I knew and I didn't, but I'm telling you now."

"Jonas"

"Please, don't push me away. I know I abandoned you but please, please don't leave. I love you."

He loves me? What? I didn't understand anything that was happening. I didn't know how to cope with everything, I couldn't comprehend it.

I squeeze my eyes shut hoping that this is all just a crazy dream, that I was still in bed fast asleep.

"Lulu?"

I open my eyes and look at his concerned face.

"Please say something" he pleads

What could I say? I refused to break up his relationship, even if he didn't truly love her.

"I-I can't Jonas, I'm sorry"

His stance weakens as his body goes slack.

"I knew I ruined my chance. I-I don't know what I was thinking." He says in a low voice.

"Jonas you have to understand. After what happened with my parents I can't do it. My feelings don't matter, it doesn't matter if I want to jump into your arms right now, I can't do it. As much as it's killing me to say it, I just can't. You have to understand that."

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

"I do, believe me I get it. I just wish it was under different circumstances."

"So do I, and if it were. I wouldn't turn you away. You have to know that. I need you to know that."

His face drops slightly but a small smile curves the corner of his lips.

"You're such a strong girl lulu."

I gaze into his chocolate brown eyes and it pains me when I see the hurt in them. He didn't deserve this either. He deserved to be happy, but what about Vikki? And Benji? I didn't know what was going to happen from here but I needed to know, I couldn't take it.

"I better go get ready, I don't think my professor would take to well to me missing or being late to another class"

I nod slightly.

"I'll see you later lulu"

"Bye Jonas"

>>>>>>>>

"Hey munchkin how's it going down there?"

It was going to Hell.

"Great, I'm having a really good time catching up with everyone, but I miss you guys"

"Aw sweetie we miss you too! Where are you honey?"

"I'm on my way home from the store, we ran out of orange juice and cereal"

"Classic Spencer always has someone else do his shopping" my dad says while my mom laughs.

"Well honey we won't keep you to long, we just wanted to call to say that we have a surprise for you!"

"Another one?"

"Well yes sweetie. Your father and I have been talking and we think you should stay there and finish senior year with your brother."

"You what?"

"We've extended your stay, and when you graduate you'll come back here and start at one of the colleges you've been looking into."

"Buh"

My mom chuckles

"Oh honey, you've earned it. You've been nothing but a good student and a great daughter and we know how much you've missed your brother. We can wire you some money so you can go shopping, after all one suitcase isn't going to work for a whole second semester"

"But"

"No buts honey it's decided, we're going to call your brother and tell him and then he'll take you to get registered at the high school in a few days"

I knew I wasn't going to win with my parents.

"Okay"

"Great! Well we have another meeting to get to but we love you sweetie and have a great time!"

"Love you guys too"

I couldn't believe it. They extended my stay. That was just terrific. Everything was officially going to shit.

I really needed a root beer.

I mean what the hell were they thinking?
I guess they did have my best interest at heart and I have missed Spencer. But now with this whole situation with Jonas it just makes things more complicated.

I step into the apartment with the bag of groceries and place them down on the counter kicking the door shut behind me.

Jonas and Vikki were on the couch looking at wedding decorations and I wanted to be as far away from them as I could right now. I go to the fridge to get a root beer and when I open the door there's no root beer.

"Where the hell is my root beer?"

Just after I say that I hear a can pop open, I whip my direction towards the sound and see Victoria with my root beer encased in her bony fingers.

"Oh I'm sorry Lacey, I didn't think you'd mind, so I helped myself"

Didn't think I'd mind? Bitch that was my root beer!

"Since when do you drink root beer? You hate it?" Jonas pipes up.

"I don't hate it JoJo, I just don't prefer it and I needed caffeine."

"So drink coffee! Or tea! Anything but my root beer!"

"It's just a soda Lacey, don't get so bothered by it."

Just a soda. Just a soda?! Who the hell does she think she is again?

"This day just keeps getting better and better" I say slamming the fridge door shut and making my way to my room.

I needed a break. That root beer was my last resort from losing my mind and it was snatched from me by the She devil. I hated her guts. I slam my bedroom door shut and throw myself on my bed and scream into my pillow.