New Beginnings

Karmens P.O.V

Just when I thought life coulnʻt have gotten any worse it does, my brother and I werenʻt doing so well back in Florida so our mother thought it would be a good idea to send us to Freeridge to live with our Abuela till we get our lives together. "Hey you okay?" my brother Leo asks as he nudged my shoulder, "Yeah Iʻm fine L, Iʻm just thinking," I say with a small smile "I know its a huge change Hermana but weʻre gonna be okay,"  he says squeezing my hand, I nodded and continued to look out the window then all of a sudden we pull up to a small white 2 story house with red roofing, it wasnʻt like my house back in Florida but it was cute.

 "Hey you okay?" my brother Leo asks as he nudged my shoulder, "Yeah Iʻm fine L, Iʻm just thinking," I say with a small smile "I know its a huge change Hermana but weʻre gonna be okay,"  he says squeezing my hand, I nodded and continued to look ou...

When we pulled up into the driveway my Abuela and my Abuelo were already outside waving and smiling at us, "Oh querida! your so grown up and beautiful" she said tearing up and hugging me, "Yo Tambien te extrañe abuela" I said smiling into the hug. After I and Leo got unpacked and settled I decided to go for a walk and observe the neighborhood. After about 15mins of walking, I ran into an afro-latina girl, a tall dark boy, and a short Mexican boy who looked oddly familiar, "Karmen?" The short boy said as he walked up to me, "Yes? do I know you?" I said with a confused look "It's me, Ruby? We used to play together at your abuelas house" He said chuckling, my eyes went wide "Oh! I remember we were best friends before I moved away to Florida" I said as I hugged him.

"Would you like to meet my compas?" Ruby asks as he leads me to his front yard. I nodded "Hey guys this is my old friend Karmen sheʻs new on the block she came here from Florida," Ruby says as I shake his friend's hands, "Hi Iʻm Monse," The afro-latina says "I-Iʻm Jamal," the nervous tall dark boy says as he shakes my hand."Nice to meet you guys" I said smiling "Do you wanna hang with us? Iʻm just trying to figure out what our other friend Ceasar said but these two wonʻt tell me" Monse says scowling at Jamal and Ruby, sure is all I say before we hear loud rap music blasting from a red Impala rolling down the street. "If you wonʻt tell me Iʻll ask him myself," Monse says before stepping into the street.

"You crazy!" The driver yells as he sticks his head out the window. "Who is that?" I ask the two boys just watching in fear, "you donʻt want to get involved with him Princesa, thatʻs Cesar's brother Spooky" Ruby whispers to me, "Aye yo Spooky" I yell as Jamal and Ruby put their hands over my mouth in fear, "What you say hyna?" Spooky says signaling me over to him "I said hey Spooky" raising my eyebrow, "Watch that mouth hyna, especially around me" He said in a low voice then drove off. "Who the fuck does he think he is?" I say as I walk back with Monse "Heʻs bad news just steer clear of him Tigre" she says shaking her head chuckling.

After I and Monse walked back to Ruby's house we exchanged numbers and I said my goodbyes then made my way back home. As I walked through the door I was greeted by my brother Leo and his friend Joaquin, "hey Angelita" Joaquin says smirking at me "Hi Joaquin" I say going up to my room and plopping down on my bed when all of a sudden my phone buzzed

Compas Group Chat

Ruby: Hey guys

Jamal: Yo

Monse: We arenʻt finished talking about what Cesar said.

Ruby: Yes we are because WE arenʻt telling you!

Monse: Weʻll see about that...

I giggled at their responses and locked my phone. Today was actually a good day I already felt like I've known the squad since forever, and I couldnʻt stop thinking about that Cesar kids brother how his white tank top showed his ripped muscles and how his smile was so sexy, or his beautiful tattoos that adorned his body, but the teardrop tattoo stood out the most. I sighed and laid my head on my pillow then drifted off to sleep.

 I sighed and laid my head on my pillow then drifted off to sleep

Authors Note:

How was the first chapter?

Lmk what I can do to improve

-

-

-

-

-

-

-