When the elevator got to the right floor I walked off slowly. Melody clung to me as many people looked at us. Nothing about this seemed familiar, well nothing besides the office at the end. I stood in front of the door and considered turning back and forgetting this ever happened. But before I could the door opened and a tall woman walked out.

She had jet black hair, fair skin, and green eyes. Her makeup and clothes were messed up, surely why he was bothered by the receptionist calling him. She moved past me and went to her desk, my old desk. I shivered at the thought of knowing he still has sex with his assistants.

I shivered mostly knowing I wasn't the first but became one of the many. I shook my head and walked into the familiar office. He turned around in his chair fixing his tie. When his icy blue eyes met mine he had a confused look.

"Can I help you?" He asked confused.

Say something idiot, "I- um....do you remember me?" I asked.

Nate leaned back in his chair and shook his head, "should I?" Still arrogant.

I rolled my eyes, "I worked for you almost two years ago. I was your assistant." I told him like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

He looked at me for a while before I seen it click, "Oh yes! Paisley right?"

"Peyton." I corrected.

"Right, So what can I do for you? Surely not another round since we remember the last time that happened." He said with a smirk.

Yeah I remember the last time. I lost my job and ended up pregnant.

"No, I came by because..." just rip it off, "Because I'd like you to meet your daughter."

That's when the first time since I walked in he looked at Melody. It was like she was invisible and it wasn't until I mentioned her he seen her. He looked pale and shocked, but it didn't last until he laughed.

"This is some joke right?" Nate asked.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "no, it's not. I wish it was unfortunately."

"What you trying to get money from me? Revenge for firing you?" He asked suspiciously.

I scoffed, "I don't need you money. I wouldn't show up two years later if I wanted money or anything to do with you. I just thought I'd give you the opportunity to meet her."

Nate looked at Melody but she was hiding her face in the crook of my neck. Nate went from laughing to stone cold in two seconds.

"Two years?" Was all he asked.

I nodded, "Yes, she's turning three in a couple months."

"And you think I want this now? You think I want responsibility over a kid? I told you when we met I didn't want kids. Should've gotten rid of it." He said it with venom lacing every word.

I shook my head, "No I didn't. I wanted to give you the opportunity so that years from now you'll never be able to say I didn't. But that's why it took me so long to tell you. Cause you're just the same, an egotistical, arrogant, deadbeat and you can rot in hell."