Prologue

The sound of the water soothes me, for it reminds me of Sora and his home; however, unlike Destiny Islands, this whole place feels cold and dark. The large rock I sit next to everyday gives me chills to the touch, and the consistency of the sand feels wet. I grab a chunk of sand and squeeze it, but the thousands of tiny grains fail to pour through my fingers. I sigh and lower the lump of sand back to the ground.

"Another cold and lonely day." A small tear rushes down my cheek, for what I say is true. I have spent three months in the realm of darkness. As to how I came to be here, well that proved quite the adventure. It all commenced on the fourth day of the sixth month of the third year of my known being, and by 'it' I mean the journey to discover the truth of my existence.

For starters, I lived in Twilight Town for three years. My best friends go by Hayner, Pence, and Olette. I never really understood why I ended up there, and neither did my friends; although, throughout my expedition with Sora, I discovered several factors of myself that I never knew before.

A few days prior to my first meeting with Sora, I experienced ominous dreams of a boy I had never met before. His blonde hair spiked similarly to Sora's, and his relatively round cheeks showed his young age; unfortunately, I was unable to make out the color of his eyes, for he appeared to be in an unwillingly deep sleep. I could never figure out his name or why I dreamt of him, but I soon unearthed the sorrowful verity behind his slumber.

"It's just a dream," Hayner assured me, "nothing to worry about, Hana." I looked over at Hayner, who gazed at the yellow and scarlet sun setting beyond the horizon. We sat on the edge of a somewhat little, brick bridge that extended over the tracks in the Tram Common. My feet swung back and forth as they dangled over the side of the bridge. Hayner noticed my constant movement in the corner of his left eye and turned his attention to me. "What are you so happy about?" Hayner asked as he let out a small chuckle.

"Oh, it's nothing." I smiled at him. We finally found ourselves studying each other's eyes. The natural brown of his iris appeared to be affected by the radiant colors of the skyline, for his eyes seemed to have an orange tint.

"Right." His face displayed a sense of laughter and happiness as his cheeks flared a bright red. He suddenly held the end of my pigtail on his fingertips. "I love the way your hair changes from blonde to blue." His compliment forced the blush on my cheeks to spread. "It's totally awesome!" He babbled as he let go of my hair. He stopped laughing, but continued to smile and stare into my eyes. "Though, your blue eyes make everything work."

"Hayner! Hana!" The sound of Olette's yelling caught our attention as we turned to acknowledge her and Pence. The two of them made their way up to the bridge and sat next to me. "Here, we brought sea salt ice cream." Olette handed the ice cream to Hayner and I. "Remind me why you don't like to sit on the clock tower, Hana. The view is best from up there." Olette teased.

"I'm just afraid of heights, I guess."

"Aw, Hana. You don't have to worry about falling. I'm sure Hayner will catch you." Pence looked over at me and winked, and my face turned more red than a ripe tomato; thus, Olette and Pence laughed kiddingly.

This moment is one I savor, for it's the last we spent together.

That night, I hadn't dreamt of the mysterious boy. Instead, I found myself surrounded by pitch black nothingness, floating around in what felt like total darkness; however, I spotted a light in the distance. The light appeared as if it used to be a complete circle, for a piece of it seemed to have been broken off from the whole.

"A fractured heart is the reason he slumbers, and you're the reason for his fractured heart." An unfamiliar voice spoke, starling me.

"What? Who are you? What are you talking about?" I shuddered and frantically looked around. My hair flipped with every distressed turn of my head. I froze again at the sound of the voice.

"You know who I am. You've only forgotten."

"Forgotten?" I felt my heart pound faster by the second. The pounding grew faster and faster and faster as my body began to tremble.

I woke up with my hand held close to my heart, breathing heavily as I quivered the way I did in my dream.

"What exactly have I forgotten?" I contemplated. "Or who for that matter."