"Jo-h-n ... Wak-kke-ee u-up ... Ple-a-s-e ... I-I-m he-ree ... Wakeeee upppp ..."

I was in such a mess when I said those words with too many stutters and hiccups from sobbing. I couldn't believe this and I didn't want to accept this.

Tears were now uncontrollable as I didn't get his reply. He kept lying on the ground, unmoved even his chest didn't seem to move and he looked so lifeless. No! It wasn't going to happen. He wasn't going to die. Never in my life nor my dream!

My hands stretched out to his face, "Please ... Wa-k-ke up ... I-I be-g you. I am not going any-where. Pl-ea-se, Jo-hn ... Please!"

I tried all the ways, shaking his body, stroking his face and even hitting his chest to wake him up or make him give me some response but I failed. He still looked the same, lifeless despite his cheeks which were still warm under my cold hands. I was now too afraid to lose him as I carefully lifted his head and pulled his body towards me.

"Please don't leave me alone, John. Please."

I was whispering that phrase into his ears like a mantra that I almost forgot to call the ambulance which was the most important thing to do right now.

"Can you please someone call me an ambulance?" I pleaded after recovering a little from my shock. There were many people around us, staring with frights written on their faces but no one seemed to do what I said and continued staring at us. Didn't they hear me or understand my words?

"Por favor llame a una ambulancia" I tried again. This time, I spoke in Spanish, hoping them to get my words and call the ambulance or paramedics as soon as possible. I didn't want John to die and leave me alone. I wanted him back. I wanted to see those mesmerizing eyes of him again.

My attention was diverted back to him after seeing some people took out their phone and started to call. You're not going to die, John! I drew him closer to me and embraced him like he was some kind of treasure when a familiar voice brought my soul back to my body.

"Mrs. Meirs? What happ- JOHN?"

I glanced up. Ren was now standing in front of us like a statue with very wide eyes.

"Re-n ..."

This was the only word I could manage to say to him at that time. I was now as scared as hell of losing him. Blood continued to ooze out from his body and all I could see was red whenever I looked at him in my arms.

"Mrs. Meirs, relax. He is going to be alright. You know he is strong and he will come back to you. I am sure. He will be fine. Ambulance is coming and Mrs. Meirs, you need to be strong for him."

Although Ren went numb for a second and didn't utter a word, he did recover fast and cheered me as I broke down into more tears. Never in my life, had I imagined this thing would happen. John got hit by a car when trying to chase me. Shit! I was so bad. I pushed him towards the danger.

Wee Woo Wee Woo

Sirens of the ambulance car boomed into my ears as well as their red and blue lights entered my sight.

"They are here. Ambulance is here, John. They are going to save you. So, please stay strong. Don't lose hope. I won't run away from you. I promise. Just come back to me, please." I whimpered, hugging him tightly for the last time before medical attendants came to me and took him to the hospital.

.....

It had been five hours since he went behind that glass door of operation theatre. Every seconds and minutes were such a painful torture as there was no sign of him or the doctors coming out from behind that door. I was now sitting on the ground with my hands hugging my legs tightly and closely to my chest. Is he okay? Did something had happened to him? Why isn't he come out yet?