26 - Happily ever after?

They detransformed into Adrien and Marinette just after coming back to the locker room. This time they had been lucky – they were the target of the super-villain, so disappearing together was justified, or even obvious to everyone. Even Alya told them to hide.

They hid in the last row of lockers. They both gave their kwamis something to eat.

"I must admit that I'm more and more concerned about the progress you've been making in lying..." Adrien said with a little reproach.

"In lying?" Marinette repeated in surprise.

"I barely caught up when you started bluffing in the classroom. You were so convincing that I started to worry about it a little..."

"Are you afraid that I'll fall into the habit of lying?" Marinette smiled.

"Well... How will I know when you're honest?"

"You will know, I'm sure." She replied firmly. "You know me too well. And besides, I don't expect that I would lie so much in the future..."

"By the way, you were great today." He admitted, pulling her closer. Finally, they were alone. They could kiss without a crowd gazing on them.

"Hey, are you there?" they heard suddenly Alya's voice.

Adrien sighed and let Marinette out of his embrace. This school started to get on his nerves. Marinette giggled in response to his facial expression.

"Yeah, we're here..." he muttered.

They came out from the lockers, holding hands.

"Thank God, he didn't find you!" Alya said. "It's over, you can come back."

"How do you know?" Marinette asked.

"Oh, Ladybug must have used her spell 'Miraculous Ladybug' because Chloe has returned to normal. If being herself can be called being normal..." Alya explained. "Poor Chloe... She's watching the film with herself as a lead female role. You missed it, but she was hanging on Prince Charming and begging for a kiss."

"I've never thought I'd ever feel sorry for her..." Marinette whispered to Adrien and he laughed loudly.

"Come on. You'll see for yourselves." Alya said and headed back to the classroom. They followed her, rather reluctantly.

"It's not such a bad idea that Victor would start picking up Chloe." Adrien whispered in Marinette's ear quietly, so that Alya couldn't hear that. After all, no one knew who the victim of the akuma was.

Marinette giggled.

"It's not funny." Adrien muttered. "Now he fell in love with Ladybug!"

"Seriously?" Marinette was surprised.

"After you left he said that you are wonderful."

"Because I am..." she grinned at him.

"I know. But I'd prefer the rest of the world wouldn't be so interested in you."

"Are you jealous?" she teased him.

"More and more every day." He admitted. "Victor was lucky today that I didn't have my sword. I would split him in two halves. How did he dare to call you his princess?! Only I can call you My Princess!"

"Shhh..." Marinette put a finger to his lips and looked around carefully to check if anyone had heard Adrien's words.

Adrien took her hand and pulled her closer. He kissed her ignoring Alya or anyone who could watch them at that moment. Including the teacher...

The end.