3: His Brand New Melody

Start from the beginning

'Partners? I don't know about that...' I thought to myself once again, 'I barely know anyone at this academy, and the ones I do know, I'm not sure that they'd wanted to partner up with me. And then...there's that one, most important fact I just can't seem to get over...'

"OH! One more thing. There's also a very important rule!" Sensei said sternly, "That rule is...Romance is absolutely forbidden! Dating between the sexes is against the code of conduct! Offenders will be expelled immediately, no matter what the reason! This is the academy's rule!"

'Pfft, no problem. I'm not interested in dating at the moment anyway. I'm more worried about my career and getting my talent back. I absolutely won't let something like love stop me!'

"Now let's get started! First, we'll be starting with a recording test!" Ringo told us before he struggled to pull something out of his desk, "TADA! The Red String of Fate! This will decide who your partners for this test will be! Now, all idol students please grab one Red String on this side, and all composer students grab one on this side!" All of us got up and did what we were told. Soon we were all in one huge circle, "Alright! Everyone pull on 3! 1...2..."

Out of nowhere a cat, I quickly realized to be that black cat from last night, rushed in and rushed out. What was it trying to do, scare everyone? Well, if he was he did a pretty good job. Half of the girls in our class, the "girly girl" ones, shrieked. After the class calmed back down Sensei sighed.

"Oh well, I guess we'll just have to do it again." He stood in the center of our circle with a pair of scissors, "Alright! 1~2~3!"

"What on Earth?"

"There can only be two in a pair. Right?"

"Then how did this happen?!" Not only was my string connected to Haruka's, but so was Otoya's, Natsuki's, and Masato's as well.

"Well, it is the Red String of Fate." Natsuki tried to joke.

Ringo sighed, "Ugh, I guess it can't be helped. We'll just have to do it again..."

"NO NO NO!" Someone suddenly shouted, and out popped Saotome. "This is the decision of the musical muses! Miss Nanami, you will compose songs for all four of them!"

Ringo sighed again, "What the principal says is absolute. You've got no choice now."

"It's a rule?" Otoya asked, "Oh. Well, if it's an order from the principal, then let's do it! Let's get along guys!" He seemed excited. Masato and Natsuki agreed.

"This'll be fun!" Natsuki said.

"We'll be counting on you, Nanami-chan." Masato said before they all walked back to their seats. I didn't feel like putting up a fight at that point so I just did the same.

"But...But~" Haruka whined.

"I'll give you a few days for each composition and I'll test everyone individually. But the first one must make the actual deadline, like everyone else." Sensei told her, "I'll give your group a 20 point bonus if you can pull off all 4 songs. Good Luck my dear." He patted her on the back then went back to his desk rubbing his temples.

"I need a break...Okay!" Ringo-sensei whispered. He then broke everyone's conversations by clapping, "As a reference point, let's listen to the best tune from last year. Accompanying on piano will be...Nanami Haruka." He supposedly said randomly.

"M-Me?!" She squealed, and not in excitement.

"If you don't mind." Haruka nervously went to the piano with the sheet music Ringo-sensei gave her, placing it on the piano stand. Ringo-sensei then told her where to start from. I can tell something is seriously wrong with Haruka now, the sad look on her face said it all. "Something wrong?"