Scissors

(Just a song I like ^)
One month later.
Millie's POV (Yay!)

Today was a free day. We were allowed to do whatever. There were a couple more guards then usual just in case.

I happily skipped out of the cell not even bothering to wake up Pretty Boy this morning. The hall way was cold. I was only wearing socks because I didn't like shoes.

The morning was silent and no one else was awake. My eyes were fixed on the dim lights that illuminated the long hallway lined with cells. I hummed a soft tune that I had heard one of the guards sing.

Once I reached the end of the hallway I glanced around and walked towards the door to the crafts room with a mischievous smile on my face. I peeked through the small window in the door and saw no guards. I carefully pulled a bobby-pin out from my shoulder length hair.

I inserted it into the lock and jiggled it around. After a few minutes the door slowly opened. I smiled to myself and walked into the room. I surveyed the paintings that coated the walls. I ran my hand along the large table that was stained with all different colors of paints. I gazed around the room till I spotted what I was looking for.

With a smirk I reached my small hand out and grabbed the blue handled scissors. I put them in my bra before walking back out of the art room.

My feet hit against the hard concrete as I ran down the hall with a grin. I could feel the cold floor coming up through my thin socks.

After a minutes I reached the girls washroom and cautiously walked inside. I walked towards the showers and turned on one with a sigh. I was familiar with the open showers.

I began to strip off my orange jumpsuit. I removed my bra and underwear and put the blue handled scissors by the sink. I knew no one would be up for at least thirty minutes. I walked under the cold stream of the shower. I felt it wash over my face and refresh me. I never liked warm showers, I thought they were uncomfortable.

After I finished my brisk shower I pulled on my undergarments and jumpsuit once more. My wet hair drapped onto my jumpsuit and turned it damp.

I looked at myself in the mirror and inhaled deeply.

Ugly
Psychopath
Insane
Crazy

The words danced in my head and I brought the blue handled scissors up to my head and in one swift movement I cut off most of my strands of hair. I slowly felt tears stream down my cheeks as I continued to cut off my hair. Voices rang in my head. I closed my eyes and felt more tears stream down my cheeks. I felt the last piece of my hair fall into the sink.

I opened my hazel optics and were immediately met with my reflection in the mirror. I looked at my new pixie cut. I saw more tears streaming down my cheeks. My eyes shifted to the sink filled with my brunette locks. I reached out and turned the handle of the sink. Water leaked out of the faucet and I watched as the hair swirled down the drain disappearing from my view.

I glanced one more time at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red. My cheeks were flushed and stained with tears. I noticed the small scar I had on my forehead. It reminded me of the past. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding in.

I pulled up my sleeves and surveyed the lines that covered my wrist.

Bad memories

I felt tears sting my eyes again but I quickly wiped them away before hurrying out of the bathroom, leaving the scissors. I ran back to the cell like my life depended on it. Small streaks of light coated the concrete floor. I looked up at the skylights and saw the sunlight leaking through them. I picked up my pace. My footsteps echoed down the hallway.

I skidded to a stop at the open cell door and ran inside. I quickly flopped onto my bed and hid under my thin white sheets. I felt warm tears trickle down my cheeks as I openly sobbed.

——————
General POV

The short haired brunette sobbed under her covers. She didn't notice that the curly headed boy had awoken and was now standing over her bed. His brown optics gazed down at the ball of sheets.

"A-Are you okay?" The ebony haired boy asked and the sobbing stopped. Millie pulled the sheets off herself and looked at the boy who had longer hair then her.

The boy looked at the brunette and smiled ever so slightly. The brunette shook her head as she looked up at him with hopeful eyes. The ebony haired boy reached out and moved her short brown locks out of her eyes. He wiped the tears from her cheeks and sadly smiled at her.

With a sigh he sat next to the girl and wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her into a warm comforting hug. She nuzzled into his neck and softly sobbed. He brushed carefully brushed her hair with his pale hands.

Finn shushed her quietly and rested her chin in her damp hair. The ebony haired boy rubbed her back gently as he tried to calm her down.

Millie's sobs became quieter and she soon stopped crying. She was warm in Finns embrace.

"T-Thank you Pretty Boy" She said in a shaky british accent as she pulled away. "No problem" Finn responded as he awkwardly folded his arms. With a sigh he stood from her bed and smiled softly at her. With a smile he walked out of the door and disappeared into the dimly light hallway.

The coldness wrapped around Millie and she missed Finns warm embrace. With a sigh she pulled her covers on herself and placed her head on her pillow. She felt her eyes grow heavy just as the light flooded the hallway.

The brunette fell asleep with one person on her mind.

Finn

——————
Wowee that was great. We're great. Screech. I'm triggered by my own story. Halp me. Ari needs help. Sorry for the time skip but I didn't know what else to do. Oops. Also hey um lets vote in this and comment. Please and thank you!

-Ari 🥀

1088 words