Who are you?

Misaki POV

After one of the men my mother hired shot me in my  shoulder just a little bit over my chest, I fell to the ground holding my shoulder because of the pain. The carriage took off with my family in it leaving me alone with the three strangers.

"They're gone already let's hurry and get rid off her and then recieve our payment later." One of the guys ordered. I guess he was their leader.

"Why are you in such a hurry? We could have some fun with her before we kill her or better yet keep her and make her our play toy since shes suppose to be dead anyway." The second man  suggested.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea." The third guy replied walking towards me with a grin on his face. As he was about to touch me, I picked up a rock I felt on the ground and hit him in his face with it knocking him out. The other two came running towards me but I held up the gun I found on the man I had knocked out pants belt and aimed at them firing shots. I could hear them yelling in pain but still had their eyes focused on me, so I got up and towards the forest with all my might not looking back.

While running I could hear them coming far behind. I came across a lake in which had a rough current but I decided I would rather take my chances with the lake and slowly made it across. I made it just in time as I hid behind a big rock across the lake where on the other side I could hear them talking

"Looks like she jumped in, what should we do?" Man 2 asked partly out of breath from running with the wound in his leg he received when I fired the shots.

"She probably didn't make it to the other side plus I'm not going in that water, we'll tell that woman we drowned her." And with that the man followed his leader out of the forest.

After I finish checking to make sure they were gone, I walked up a hill that I had seen near the rock. I was extremely cold and the gun wound I recieved made it even worst. It was so painful that I couldn't take another step and fell down lying on my back. My vision was becoming blurry but I looked up and saw the stars. Pretty, I thought. I just wished that Takumi could have seen me in my dress. A smiling Takumi was that last thing I imagined before I blacked out.

At the ball

"Takumi where is the girl you were talking about?  Is she not here yet?  You have been starring at the door since you came out here." Patracia questioned worried that her son may have been stood up.

"I don't know, her family showed up awhile ago and her friends said she was definiately coming. I can't help but think something's wrong." Takumi expressed. He was begginning to think her family did something to her.

"You think something happened to her?"

"Yes, truthfully there is something going on between her family with the way they probably treat her. I overheard their conversation at the festival but I never asked her about it."

"Well if you leave the party now the guest would wonder and if her family did do something to her they would be suspious of you leaving so let's wait the party out and in the morning I will prepare a carriage for us to go to her house and if she's not there 1 will have men investigate, that is of course if she doesn't show up tonight." She said trying to make him feel better. "Tonight I will allow  you to reject dancing with the other young ladies."

"Okay, by the way the necklace I bought you looks good on you." He replied earning a thank you from his mother. 'Please be ok Misaki' he thought.

The next day

"Ughhh."

"Hmm so your waking up, thats good."

Misaki opened her eyes and looked around to see an unfamiliar room and a man that looked like he was in his fifties starring back at her. She jumepd up and asked.

"Who are you a- owww!" she yelled as clutched her shoulder.

"If I were you I would lay back down, you have a deep wound there. I treated it but you need rest for it to finish heal." He commented grabbing some food for her to eat.

"Are you one of the men my mother hired, if so why heal my wound?" She stated looking at him as his face expression changed from calm to shock and then back to calm.

"No I am not but do you care to tell me why your mother would do this to her own child?" He asked with a pause because he saw how uncomfortable she was near him. "Don't worry I won't harm you, you're safe here."

"I'm not really as you can say a part of my family, they hate me because apparently I embarrass them and even worst I fell for the prince so she hiredpeople to kill me." Misaki replied as tears began to fall from her eyes. "I knew she didn't like me but I never thought she would try to get rid of me. I should have just ignored my feelings for that perverted playboy prince or I should have just died last night."

"But you didn't, it is quite possible that there was a slight chance you wanted to be able to be with him again so you tried your best to live, you young lady have been through a rough life but you survived and that makes you strong to me." He voiced. "Well eat this food and then just relax, I'm going to do my house chores."

Three days passed and Misaki was feeling a bit better and had helped out the old man around his house which was the least she could do even if she didn't know his name or who he was. All she knew was that he lived in a big house in the middle of nowhere and that he had found her passed out when he was taking a walk and brought her home to help her.

They were now eating dinner when the man said something that made Misaki sit still in her seat.

"So why not take revenge on your family?" He announced out of nowhere with a straight face.

"What?"

"Your wound is healing properly, now its time you do something about your family or were you going to sit still hiding forever and let them ruin your life?  With your situation you sound like one of those girls in the fairytale books but you can be so much more by not having to wait around on others to do things for you or wait for things like magic to help you but face your problems head on, especially since you came across me."

"What are you... are saying you will help me?" She questioned as things were seeming to get serious.

"Of course. I don't like what your family did to you plus I have been bored. Will you accept my help?" He asked.

"Yes I have always wanted to repay them for how they treated me so thank you but  who are you really mister?"

"Me? Why I'm the perverted play prince you were talking about grandfather." He replied again calmly. "My name is Richard."

"What!"