Eleven: The Rain After The Storm

Start from the beginning

Human Nature came on by Micheal Jackson. He turned it up a little and continued on, pulling into the parking lot. Parking near the front door, hetapped Jazmine on her thigh. She stirred a little and whined.

"Jamie, stop, I'm trying to sleep." She whined and laid her head back down.

For some reason, this pulled at Dave's heart.

"Jazmine, wake up." He shook her shoulder and got out the car.

She woke up to the bright lights and stretched. Checking out her surroundings, she climbed out the car and Dave locked his whip up.

They walked into the diner and sat in a booth in the back, both ordering Sprite.

Jazmine kept her head down, avoiding Dave's gaze.

"Why are you staring at me?" Jazmine sighed as she looked outside the window.

"Don't be all sad and out now, my boy wouldn't want you feeling this way." Dave forced a smirk.

"I just can't believe he's gone; then to top it all off, the motherfucker who killed him took the easy way out like a coward and killed himself. The girls set him up and only got three years! Like that's not fair, they were a part of this murder just as much as Matthew ugly bitch dog ass was!" Jazmine let out before taking a strong swig of her Sprite.

"Yeah, but they're going to get theirs." Dave drunk some of his Sprite.

"I mean, we were arguing. I wasn't talking to him and now I can never hold him again, I'll never be able to kiss him again. Yeah he did me wrong but damn, now he's gone forever." Jazmine wiped her tears.

The waiter came to the table and Dave handed Jazmine her menu.

"Y'all want some appetizers?" The young man asked in a southern accent. He sounded straight out of Alabama.

"Yeah let's get the buffalo wings and then we'll be ready to order." Dave spoke up.

"Alright." The young man wrote the order down on his pad and left out to the kitchen.

"I think imma just get the Jumbo Deluxx Burger." Jazmine smiled.

"Damn, you hungry huh?" Dave chuckled.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I have my own money, Dave." Jazmine looked for her purse but she didn't see it.

"Your purse and stuff are in my backseat, and it's okay, you relax I got this ma." He nodded.

Jazmine stared at him.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I mean I know we slipped up, but even then you were mean to me so why so nice now? Is it because y'all think imma hurt myself or something; if so, I'm not." Jazmine rolled her hands outward.

"Nah, you cool people and I just wanna look out for ya." Dave shrugged.

Little did she know, she had been on his mind every since the night at the club. He didn't regret the slip up, but he had to maintain an image. He didn't fuck with fat girls.

"You want me to believe that, after you punked me out for the longest, even after I helped you and did nothing but help you?" Jazmine raised a brow and the waiter came back with a basket of wings and two cups of fresh Sprite.

He took their orders and went on about his way.

"And , I was childish back then. Charge it to my head not my heart." Dave smiled.

Jazmine gave a small smile back as she dug into the wings

Jazmine gave a small smile back as she dug into the wings. She let herself go as the food comforted her, being that she hadn't eaten in a good three days.

"When was the last time you ate, girl." Dave joked.

Jazmine shrugged, "Earlier this week." She continued to eat. Dave stopped and stared at her.

"Cut that shit out. You need to eat."

"I'm alive Dave, I'm good."

Dave grabbed her wrist to prevent her from grabbing another flat.

"I'm serious Jazmine. Don't let me hear that you not eating, that shit not cool."

Their food came to the table and he let her hand go but, they continued to stare into each other's eyes.

The waiter left and Jazmine tore her eyes away from Dave's icy glare.

"A few weeks ago and you would've been begging me to stop eating." Jazmine mumbled before cutting the humongous burger in half.

"I told you I was childish back then, don't judge a nigga for his past mistakes." Dave dipped his quesadillas into the ranch before snatching a bite out of the large juicy piece.

"I guess." Jazmine shrugged and ate her food.

___

"This where you staying?" Dave looked up at the hotel sign as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Yeah, I can't go home right now." Jazmine shrugged. She began to grab her items from the backseat and even her to go plate that Dave forced her to order and take.

"You can't keep running , Jazmine. You got family, a dog and a job. They all need you." Dave preached.

"Thanks for the food." Jazmine quickly hopped out the truck and rushed inside and up to her room.

She knew she needed to change her ways before she got too deep, but she just didn't know how.

*******

Things are about to change around here!!!!

Jamie's death is taking a huge toll on Jazmine.

Is Dave a lil thug?

Y'all think he was the one who did Matthew like that?

What's about to happen next?