eins

•••

•••

zurückspulen = rewind

•••

Kai's POV

"Hey."

Frustrated that Misa, my sister, was disturbing my sleep, I grumbled at her. "What?"

"It's 6:00 AM and your lazy self hasn't woke up yet." My eyes shot open to see a pair of suspecting black eyes staring up at me.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath, rushing to the bathroom.

I had no time to waste. Minutes of the time I had left were dropping like flies. That's time for you. Merciless. Cold. Impatient.

07:00. The bus would be there any minute now.

07:01. 07:02. 07:03. 07:04. 07:05. No bus.

In the distance, I could see a girl running as a bus passed her by. She seemed to be holding a leaflet from my school that had directions on them. Her expression turned to fear when she saw me approaching her.
"Hello." I politely greeted, waving at her. "I saw the leaflet you were reading. I go to Regenfall. You were about to get the wrong bus."

"Oh..." She said shyly, biting her lip. Immediately, I picked up on her thick foreign accent. "Do you speak German?"

"Um... not much..." She stammered.

Finally, the bus arrived at the stop and I pointed at it. "This is the bus we have to take. Come on."

Nervously, she went into the bus with me. Seeing her nervousness, I frowned. "Hey. Calm down. Nothing's going to happen to you."

However, it was very apparent that she didn't believe me, but stayed anyway. Her face lit up, as she checked her phone. At 7:18, we reached the bus stop we were getting off at.

"Why are you running?" She asked curiously.
Rolling my eyes, I shot her down. "Why do you think?"
"It says school starts at 7:30." She mumbled, quite embarrassed.
"Yes, but you have to arrive ten minutes early and you have one minute to get there. " I stated blatantly. "So start running."

There were no words after that. Just panting, gasping and running for our lives. It was 7:20 when we saw the gates.
Relieved, we speed-walked to the gates, only to be stopped by Mr Schwartz.
"10. Seconds. Late." He furiously whipped out his pen and detention slips. "Names?!"

"Sir, y-you can't do this." I gasped, out of breath.
"Why can't I, Osako?" He sneered as my face heated up with shame and anger.

"Sir." The newbie started, sensing that I was about to explode. "I am from the country of France. I am very much new here." She paused, realising she didn't even know his name. "...Osako here, helped me get here because I almost took the wrong bus."

He yawned. "I'm tempted to accuse you of lying, but you have a very thick accent. So I'm assuming you're telling the truth. Go."

The girl skipped by happily while Mr Schwartz reprimanded me. 'Sweet Jesus, not even a fucking thank you.' I thought.
"And you, I don't ever want to hear you arguing with me, do you understand?"

"Yes, sir..." I answered reluctantly.

A string of angry curses flew out of my mouth as soon I was out of his sight.
"Hey."
I groaned at the sound of her voice.
"What do you want?"
"To say merci. I'm sure you know what that means." She said, her lips curved up in a smile as she walked away.

As I showed up in my tutor for registration, Alex disappointedly shook his head. "Late as hell, Kai. Late as hell. But hey, I got the newest volume of Boku no Hero Academia."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut the fuck up, Alex. Anyway, this new girl got me out of serious trouble with that cunt Mr Schwartz."

"New girl?" He gaped. "What does she look like?"

"Um, she's tall, she's black, she's quite average-looking..." I drifted off, not knowing what else to say. One of Alex's thick, dark eyebrows rose in suspicion.

"Ok..." He said, clearly sceptical of my feelings. "Kai. I've been meaning to ask you something." Alex began cautiously.
"Ok." I listened to what he said next.
"I've seen you with your dad and sister, but I've never seen you with your mo--"

I abruptly stood up and slammed my hands down on the table. "Don't you dare finish that fucking sentence."

Alex rose his hands in shock. "Woah! I was just curious. Sorry anyway."

Sighing and sinking back into my seat, I shook my head. "Don't be sorry. I'm sorry. That would've had to be bought up sooner or later. Just forget it, ok?"

Alex shrugged. "Sure, whatever."

"So wanna explain you were throwing a temper tantrum, Osako?"

Eli. Regenfall's resident psycho.

Somehow he hasn't been fucking expelled yet, despite the fact he's always getting angry, always going on about over-sensitive Tumblrinas and was sometimes discriminatory.

"Wow, you were eavesdropping on our conversation. Totally not creepy or expected of you." Alex snapped, grimacing at him.

"You're just angry because I'm not a degenerate like you." Eli hissed.

"I can't see the mirror you're talking to, Eli." Alex blankly shot back.

"What the fuck was that, cuck? Sounds like fucking white guilt to me. Mudshark."

"Elijah Karlsson!" Our tutor yelled. "I want you out of this tutor this minute. That is abhorrent behaviour and I don't want it here!"

"Whatever, your grandparents are street-shitters anyway." He stormed out of the room after kicking the door. The bell rang, indicating that it was time for the first lesson of the day.

"Damn, he's crazy," I muttered, walking to class. "Crazy as hell."