Chapter 16 - Going Away

Y/N's POV

It's been three days since I was in the coma. I'm stuck in multiple casts, and I'm stuck in the hospital. Peter is my superhero. Yes, he is technically a hero, but he's mine. Why though? Because he's my boyfriend. He hasn't left my side since I woke up.

Staring out the window I watched the people come and go. I started having random anxiety attacks and mental breakdowns due to flashbacks I get.

The torture was awful. I'm unable to leave the hospital until they can figure out my mental state and until my physical state gets a little better as well. I've had three evaluations since I've woken up. I woke up a week after the surgery and the medically induced coma.

Peter has helped me catch up on the school shit I missed and Ned has been coming to visit me as well. Tony has been bringing me food and he's been working on trying to set up some stuff so I can go home and get the medical attention I need.

After about four more days the psychiatrist was finally able to give a diagnosis. She came into the room with Tony and Peter by her side. Peter sat down next to me and Tony sat in a chair in the corner. The psychiatrist, Dr. Sarah Hammer, stood by the bed.

"After a careful study on Y/N's mood swings, the way she reacts to questions about what happened, and the way her mind and body has been reacting to the flashbacks, my diagnosis is PTSD, chronic depression, anxiety, and ADD. She has shown a couple of signs of schizophrenia, but nothing too bad. My recommendation is three months in a mental hospital. Or she sees a therapist three times a week. If you decide the mental hospital, you have to wait until she's physically healed. If you do the outpatient therapy, talk to her doctor on when she can go home. I will give you 48 hours to make the decision," the doctor explains.

Without a response from anyone, she leaves. I look at my hopefully future father, and then my superhero. I then lean back and start to cry. I feel Peter climb onto the bed next to me and he wraps his arms around me. Leaning into him I rest my head on his chest as I continue to cry.

Tony leaves the room looking like he's about to cry as well considering none of us know what exactly we want to do. After a few hours, I fall asleep in Peter's arms. When I woke up, I felt Peter's arms still wrapped around me as if he was protecting me and I could hear Peter and Tony talking.

"She shouldn't have to stay in a mental hospital," I can hear Peter say.

"I know Pete, but the other choice might not do anything to help. Professional help is what she needs right now."

"She also needs us. We have to stay by her side and help her through this."

"She needs intensive therapy. Who knows how she could react when it comes to certain things. PTSD alone could give her anxiety and paranoia. We don't want to watch her go through that."

I can feel Peter's gaze on me. I could feel him squeeze me and kiss my forehead. Then I heard him sniffle.

"I j-just don't want to lose the one I love. I want to be able to hold her tightly everyday, hear her voice as she talks to me and tells me she loves me. I want to enjoy spending time with her and graduate high school with her. I want to go to prom with her and dance with her. I want to feel her lips on mine everyday. I don't want to lose her Mr. Stark. And I feel like I'm going to if she leaves."

Peter's arms leave me and he gets off the bed. I can tell he's crying from the way he sniffles. I slowly open my eyes as if I just woke up and let out a small tired groan to catch their attention.

Peter quickly wipes the tears away and walks over to me. "Hey there sleepy head, how'd you sleep?"

With a raspy voice I reply, "I slept okay. This bed isn't the most comfortable."