Chapter 3 - Pain, Pain, and More Pain

Y/N POV

I woke up the next morning having little feeling in my body. I ease myself out of bed and onto my feet. I walk downstairs and do my usual routine. My entire body hurts. I try to eat, but I end up throwing it back up from how beaten my body is. I pack a lunch just in case I can eat it and go back upstairs to finish getting ready. 

I put on a Star Wars t-shirt, a Star Wars hoodie, jeans, and my Nike shoes before grabbing everything I need for school and walking out the door. I limp to school and try to walk naturally during the day. I don't bother to talk to anyone as I make it to my locker. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I kind of wince in pain then turn around and look to see who it is.  

I see its Peter and his friend Ned from yesterday. "Hey Peter, hey Ned, what are you two up to?" They both have concerned looks on their faces so the must have seen me wince. I try to cover it up with a casual conversation. "Hey Y/N, just wanted to stop by and say hi. SpiderMan saw you in trouble last night and wanted me to check up on you." Peter replied with a concerned look. "I'm fine, I promise. Can you have SpiderMan stay as far away from that side of town as possible, please? I can't explain why, but he needs to stay away." Peter gave me a confused look but shrugged and said, "Alright, I'll talk to him okay?" "Yes please, thank you." He smiles and nods at me. I grab my stuff and the bell rings. I walk with Peter and Ned to our first class and go throughout the day. 

TIme skip to lunch

Today has been so hard to hide the pain. My body aches and my back feels like it's on fire. I look around the cafeteria and sit next to Peter. Ned comes in and sits next to Peter on his other side. While they eat and talk about classes I sit in silence wishing I could eat. I tried taking a couple bites of the sandwich I made but I kept feeling nauseous and I spit it back out into a napkin trying not to throw up. It wasn't until Flash came around and yanked me out of my seat. 

I fell on the floor and curled up in a ball immediately. "Please don't hurt me," I screamed before Flash could do anything to me. I already felt the bile in my throat. I tried to swallow it but as soon as I felt a foot come in contact with my stomach, I threw up all over his shoe and myself. It wouldn't stop to the point I was just throwing up blood. I passed out after a while feeling nothing but pain in my head and face assuming Flash is punching me. 

Peter's POV From Yesterday to the present

After school yesterday, I went to my normal alley and found a safe place to hide my backpack and myself so I can put my suit out. After meeting Y/N today...I needed to find out more about her. She is so beautiful, not to mention she seems like she's been through a lot. When Flash messed with her, I didn't even help her. I felt so bad. I want to know more. 

I was swinging around looking for her when I spotted her walking on the wrong side of town. I was so confused. I kind of followed her a little. Not in a stalkerish way, but in a curious way. I suddenly saw her getting pulled into an alleyway. She took off her hoodie. I landed on a roof watching for a moment to plan my next move. The ugly homeless guy held out her wrists and I was able to see her wrists and forearms. They were covered in scars. What the hell were they from? 

When I saw that he took off her shirt and was going to her bra, I jumped down. Pushing the guy to the wall I trapped him with a web then created a web sack with him in it so I can easily take him to the police station. 

When I was done I turned around and looked at Y/N. She had thrown her hoodie back on. I had to pretend like I didn't know her, so I said, "are you okay miss?" She was looking at the ground shaking her head no.  I saw her t-shirt on the ground, so I picked it up and handed it to her. "You're gonna need this, may I ask what you're doing on this side of Queens?" She took a minute to respond before saying, "It's a shortcut home." I tilted my head a little confused as to how this could be a shortcut to her house. I shrugged and said, "Want me to take you home?" Her response was genuinely polite, "no thank you, I can get there perfectly fine." I wanted reassurance so I asked, "are you sure?" "I'm positive, thank you SpiderMan," she responded. I decided to continue with my act of not knowing who she is, so I said, "my pleasure miss, I'll just take this guy to the cops. I try not to bring them to these parts considering they could get ganged up on." I grab the sack with the old man and swing myself away from the area. 

After delivering the guy to the cops, I went around the city avoiding the area I found Y/N in. I went home around five o'clock so Aunt May wouldn't be too worried about me. Ever since she discovered I was SpiderMan she was both scared and happy for me I guess. When I got home I walked in and saw Ned sitting on the couch watch TV with Aunt May. "Hey May, hey Ned," I say as I walk in. They both look at me and Ned smiles, "Dude, I have something amazing to show you!" Ned gets up and goes into my room I look at Aunt May who just sits there smiling. 

I follow Ned into my bedroom and he pulls up his computer. I sit next to him on my bed as he scrolls through things. "I was doing some research on our new student Y/N. I found out she's lived in six different states with her mother and father. Then I found out some interesting things." Ned explained. "Okay, two questions. One, why are you researching her and two what did you find out?" I asked politely. "Something was off about her. Check this out." 

I looked at his computer and saw Y/N's profile from a mental asylum. The description read she was caught cutting herself an attempting suicide multiple times when she was young. I also read that her parents are alcoholics and drug addicts. I read about all the horrible shit they have done to her in the past with the beatings and starvings. It's a wonder she was so quiet today and didn't give a shit about what was happening to her when I showed up. 

"This is awful Ned." Ned looked at me and nodded before saying, "Yeah, she dealt with a lot of bullshit from her family. I don't think we should tell anyone for her safety." "Good idea, her family may beat her if they think she did it." After a while of planning how to confront her about it, Ned and I went to bed. 

The next morning Ned and I got ready and went to school. We saw Y/N at her locker. She looked like she was in pain or something. I tapped her shoulder and she tensed in pain. We had a small conversation before going to class. 

Time skip to lunch

I was sitting alone waiting for Ned and Y/N. I watch her walk in and she spots me and sits down next to me. Ned soon walks in and sits on the other side of me. We were just chatting when all of a sudden I heard Y/N scream, "please don't hurt me." I looked up and Flash was about ready to kick her. Before I could stop him he kicked her right in the stomach and she started to throw up all over her clothes and his shoe. 

She started to throw up blood. I watched as Ned ran to get a nurse while Flash sat there laughing the entire time. Y/N passed out and I got up out of my chair and punched Flash as hard as I could in the face. "You're a fucking shit head!" I yelled at him. He was holding his nose which I assume I broke. He looked at me with an angry look in his eye. He was about to throw a punch when Ned showed up with the nurse. 

The nurse hooked Y/N up to a heart monitor and found her heartbeat. It was faint, but existing. "Ned, call 911, she needs a doctor."  Ned grabbed his phone and called 911. I kneeled down beside Y/N not sure what to do. "Hello, yes my name is Ned, and there is a girl here her name is Y/N L/N and she was throwing up blood and passed out. Now she is unconscious with a faint heartbeat and she's breathing." There was a pause. "Okay thank you...I'm at Midtown Science High School...she is 15." (For the sake of the story I apologize if you are older or younger than that) Ned continues to talk to dispatch. 

After about fifteen minutes an ambulance shows up to pick up Y/N. They put her on a stretcher and Ned and I go with her to the hospital in the ambulance. I hold her hand tightly. There is something about her that just gives me a strange feeling inside. I can't put my finger on it. I stared at her. She looked peaceful and in pain at the same time. My heart ached for the poor girl and once she wakes up, I think I'm gonna tell her what I know about her.