Chapter 4 - Secrets Spilling

Peter's POV

I was sitting in the hospital room with Y/N. She had gone through surgery multiple times. A lot of her organs were damaged. Internal bleeding and bruising. She was a mess. The doctor gave her a bunch of Anesthetics to keep her asleep. She has yet to wake up and I'm extremely worried about her. Did her parents do this to her? Or did someone else? Maybe Flash made it worse. Who knows? Well...Y/N does.

I was sitting next to her bed looking at her sleeping body. I continue to wonder what is going on throughout her head. Her parents came to visit her three times in the past week that she's been here in the hospital. For parents that abuse her, they seem to care. I highly doubt that they actually do though. 

I haven't been in school for the whole week. The principal has let e off the hook knowing that I'm here with Y/N waiting for her to wake up. I haven't given up on being SpiderMan though. Each night I tell the nurse I'm gonna head home, but instead, I go out, save New York, then come back to Y/N. Aunt May knows my secret along with Ned and of course, Mr. Stark. 

Today is Sunday. I have been working really hard on my math and chemistry homework waiting for Y/N. I then noticed something. I looked up from my work and saw her arms. I know she's in an unconscious state. I decided to lift up her arm and look at it. There were scars lining her entire forearm and a lot by her wrist. I started to gently trace the scars with my fingertips. I whispered softly to her, "please wake up. I want to help you through this."

As if on cue, I watched as she slowly woke up from her unconscious state. Once she was awake enough, I hugged her extremely tight.   

Y/N POV

Darkness. That's all I see. It's all I feel. I don't feel like I'm actually in my body. I feel like I'm floating. The nightmares don't stop. Nightmares I can't wake up from. The voices in my head kept screaming at me. Then all of a sudden the darkness, the nightmares, the voices in my head, it all shut down. I found myself floating in a white space. I could see myself laying in the hospital bed. 

Around the room, there are machines keeping me alive until  I wake up. I see Peter sitting in a chair next to my bed working on what looks like math. I saw him look up from his work and at me. What is he looking at? He turns my arm over. I want to stop him, but I'm too late. He's looking at my arm and  I can clearly hear him whisper in my ear, "please wake up. I want to help you through this." 

I slowly begin to open my eyes. Everything is bright in the room. One my eyes adjust to the lighting, my entire body is extremely sore. I look at Peter and see a giant smile grow on his face. He hugs me tighter than anyone has ever hugged me before. I sit there shocked for a minute then I wrap my arms around him. 

After we hug, he calls for the nurse who takes out my feeding tube, water tube, and breathing tubes. They also bring me a glass of water which Peter feeds to me since I'm still too weak to move a lot. The nurse leaves to get me food while Peter and I talk for a little. "How long was I out?" he looks at me with a bit of sadness in his eyes, "A little over a week. Ned came to visit every day and your parents came three times." "Wait, my parents showed up?" "Yes, why?" I shake my head and close my eyes, "They never gave two fucks about me. Now they come to visit because I'm in the hospital? How did they seem?" "Normal, genuine, concerning, caring parents." "Don't let them fool you." He looks at me with a lot of pity in his eyes. He grabs my hand and holds it before saying, "I know they beat you. I know you cut yourself. How many times have you attempted suicide?" I look at his eyes. I see the tear begin to form in his eyes and I feel my own tears spill down my cheeks. 

"It started when I was around seven. My grandfather died and my dad lost it. He started drinking and buying drugs. Then one night he took my mom out. Ever since they'd both go out and get high and drunk on whatever they could find. One night my dad got really mad at me. I tried to get away from him, but he was too fast. He grabbed me by my throat and pinned me to the wall, yelled at me, then beat m with his belt. Ever since then he kept beating me. My mom doesn't beat me, but she watches. Ever since then I've done what I can to not get on their bad side. They blamed me for SpiderMan's arrival into our side of town. That's why I need you to tell SpiderMan to stay away from there. The beating could have killed me." 

I saw a look in Peter's eyes of pity and sadness. The tears falling down his face from my back story. I want to tell him more, but I don't know how he will handle it. He took hold of my hand and looked me in the eye. "I promise, I'll protect you." I looked at him confused. 

"I have something I need to tell you. Can I trust you to keep a secret?" 

I looked him in the eyes, "yes, you can tell me anything." 

"A year ago I was visiting this science thing. I can't remember exactly what it was. they were showing off their hybrids of animals and insects. They also had a variety of spiders. Well, one of the stronger spiders were loose I guess. It bit me right on the back of the neck. I didn't think much of it until I woke up the next morning stronger, fast, and being able to climb walls. I invented a suit and web shooters and became SpiderMan."

He smiled as if he was proud of who he is. If he is SpiderMan, my parents can't find out. They'll kill him, then kill me. I look him dead in the eyes. I guess he was able to see the fear in my eyes because he asked, "what's wrong Y/N?" I looked away then back at him, "don't let my parents find you. They will kill us both." "I'm not scared of them." "You should be. You saw my x-rays and how bad my organs were damaged. He's done worse than that to me. He's raped me it's been so bad. Don't let him find out who you are!" He looked at me then at the ground. "I promise I'll be careful, for you." "Thank you."

After three days of recovering, my parents pay my medical bills and take me home. I said goodbye to Peter before leaving and sat in the car in silence. Once I got home, all hell broke loose.