Chapter 9 - Moving Day

Y/N POV

Sitting on the couch in the living room was Jamie, Ned, Nick, my social worker, and Tony Stark. I had a feeling as to why he was here. Jamie told Nick she was going to wait until Saturday. Did I screw everything up? 

Peter looked at me, then the group of people, then back at me. "I think I'm gonna go. Aunt May worries a lot." 

With that, he left. 

My social worker looked at me, "Y/N please sit down for a minute." 

I didn't hesitate. I sat down next to my social worker. I didn't look at anyone. Only the ground. I wasn't ready to hear what they have to say. 

"Jamie called me saying you never came home from school. Where did you go?" 

"I went out of the city. I needed some alone time to clear my head." 

"Okay, well you need to tell someone where you're going before going somewhere. Jamie has been really worried about you."

"I doubt that," I mumbled to myself. Luckily no one else heard me. 

"Jamie, what is it you wanted to talk to all of us about?" 

She stands up, "My daughter was in a car accident and she needs a lot of my attention, my husband's attention, and some medical attention as well. I can't take care of three kids at once. I was going to wait until Saturday, but today proved I can't keep track of her. I was hoping Mr. Stark here would take her in." 

She sits back down and everyone except me is looking at Tony trying to figure out what he thinks. 

"Look, she's a nice girl. I met her today after I spoke at her school. I just don't know if I'm ready for a kid yet." 

My social worker then spoke, "How about this, Mr. Stark how about you take Y/N as a foster kid for a little. If you feel comfortable enough, you can adopt her if you choose. If not, I will find her a new place to stay." 

Tony looks at me and looks at everyone else in the room. I wonder if he can tell Jamie has a hatred for me and that's why she's kicking me out. 

"I agree to this," he says. "I think it would give me some time to get to know her and make a final decision." 

They continue their discussion while I go upstairs to my room in the attic. I start to pack my things crying as I do. Once I have everything packed I pull out one razor blade and sit in the corner holding it in my hand. I stare up at the ceiling trying to decide whether this should be the end of everything or not. 

I decided to just cut my bicep and put the razor blade with the rest of my stuff. I went downstairs and grabbed everything from the bathroom then went all the way down to the living room. Tony was waiting for me by the door. 

I hugged Ned goodbye and gave him my number so we could keep in touch. I said goodbye to Ned's parents and we left. 

The drive was quiet. We were on our way upstate. When we got to the Avengers building Tony let me out of the car and I grabbed my things from the trunk. We walked inside and Tony led me to a room. 

"This will be your room for now. Happy will take you to school every day and pick you up. I work a lot so don't expect many visits from me. I will see you tomorrow for dinner." He kissed my forehead in a fatherly manner and left. 

I looked around the room. The walls were green and blue. There was a grey rug on the hardwood floor beside the bed. There were dressers, a closet that was the size of a walk-in closet, and a king-sized bed. 

I unpacked my things assigning drawers to my shirts, pants, and undergarments. There was a second door on the other side of the bed. I opened the door to see a huge bathroom. I walked in and saw a big bathtub. I also spotted a shower a walk-in shower with a glass door. 

I opened the medicine cabinet to see some medications for illnesses, pain relief, and some other stuff. The one that really caught my eye was the one that lowered blood pressure. I ignored it and set up my bathroom supplies and went back to my bedroom. 

I decided to just go to bed because I knew I had to get up early the next morning for school. 

Little did I know, shit was going to go down tomorrow.