Day 7: Cat Grant

The short haired, blonde woman strode through the hallways of the DEO's alien hospital. The employees thought it was so very strange that Cat Grant of all people was walking through the hallways. She through open the door. "Kara!" she said, seeing her favorite reporter sitting up in bed. "Hello Whine." Cat said. Winn turned bright red and ran out of the room. "I was wondering where you were, not showing up to work and all so I had to interrogate your friend Jimmy, who of course, told me you were here. So when are you coming back to work?" Cat said, very fast. Kara looked down. "I'm not. Did James not tell you I quit?" she said. Cat looked abashed. "Why though? You had the perfect  job, life, everything?" she said. "Your job would still be waiting for you when you came back." Kara mumbled something. "I'm not coming back." Cat looked stunned. "Why?" she asked, flustered. "Is it some Kryptonian virus?" Kara raised her eyebrows. "Yes, I know you are Supergirl. I wonder honestly how every single person at CatCo doesn't know yet, ayways, you were saying?" Cat said. "It's called Arakamur. It's a genetic mutation caused blood disorder. I'm dying. I only have a week left." Kara said her face calm, in perfect irony. Cat sat down, shocked. "Oh Kara, I'm so sorry." Kara smiled weakly at her former boss. "Don't be. I'm at peace. Rao has chosen this way to end my life." Cat nodded. "How are you going to tell the citizens of National City?" she asked. "I'm, I'm not sure yet." Kara looked down. She hadn't thought of this yet. Supergirl had not appeared in National City for a week. She was gone, disappeared. "Have you seen the news?" Cat asked. Kara bit her lip. "No, I haven't." Cat took the remote and switched it to the news channel. The news reporter was on screen. Words flashed in the banner below. WHERE HAS SUPERGIRL GONE? IS SHE DEAD? The reporter was speaking. "Supergirl has not been seen since saving a family from a bridge last week. This has led many to speculate whether or not she is still alive. If she is not, we pay our deepest condolences."  Cat turned the TV off. Kara's eyes filled up with tears. Cat gently stroked her arm. "Don't cry Kara. You were a great hero, and still are, just keep fighting." Kara wiped her eyes. "By the way, where is your boyfriend, I thought he was still in town?" Cat asked. Kara smiled weakly. "He's in the future, he time travels with the Legion of Superheroes." she said, thinking of Mon El. "We aren't seeing each other anymore. I haven't even dated anyone in a year since losing him." she added. Cat patted her arm. "I have to go pick up Carter now. But remember Supergirl. You will always be a superhero. And remember Kara Danvers. You will sorely be missed. You light up the building with your smile and your articles inspire many." saying this, Cat turned and left.