Day Five: Clark

Clark stood with his back to Kara, watching the clouds move across the sky. The door opened and he didn't notice until a pair of arms wrapped around his legs. Lara giggled as he scooped her up. "Hi daddy." she said. Clark smiled down at his daughter. She looked uncannily like Kara, from her facial shape, nose, and big blue eyes. Only her hair was taken from her mom, a chestnut brown. "Daddy, what's wrong with auntie Kara?" she asked. Clark sat down in a hard plastic chair with Lara still in his arms. "Baby, she's sick." he told her, not telling her the full truth. Lara nodded. "She going to get better right?" she asked innocently. "I hope so." Clark told her, stroking her soft curls. The door burst open and a red eyed Alex burst through the door. "Clark!" she said, giving him a hug full of salty tears. Kara stirred and Alex was immediately by her side. "Hey Kara." she whispered, touching a hand to her sisters forehead. "Alex, Clark." she mumbled, trying to sit up. Her eyes teared up. "I can't sit up." she said, crying. Alex gently pushed the button that sat up the bed. "Hungry?" she asked. Kara shook her head. Clark turned to his daughter. "Lara, go out of the room to your mom. I need to talk to Kara." Lara turned and left after giving Kara a gentle hug. Kara winced and put a hand on her stomach. Worriedly, Alex pulled up the hospital gown. She screamed. A small part of skin near Kara's stomach was glowing bright green. One streak traveled up her right lung, another traveled down one of her legs. Kara looked down. "It's bad isn't it." Clark nodded. "You rest up a bit." he said. Kara eyes were closed the next minute, and her two true relatives sat watching her, occasionally breaking into devastated sobs.