He is such a bipolar jerk.

"I don't pity you Shaub. I'm just here to check on you. You maybe a cold hearted bastard who do not care of anyone else and never heard of humanity? But I do and care for you." I said honestly while looking deadly at him.

"It's fucking too much to take Shalifa. The woman who claimed to be my mother said that she had left me cause of love. And moreover she also claimed to love me yet she left me alone. I..." He sighed in frustration and ran his ran through his hair muttering incoherent words.

"What she did was wrong? But you should have at least let her explain to you earlier and maybe she would have make it up to you." I tried to reason out taking small step towards him.

"There's nothing to explain. And she had done what she had thought was right. But now I could make my own decisions." Shaub said in a broken voice while clenching his fist.

"That's what I wanted you to do Shaub? The past had already pass away and now your present is in your own hand. I know it's hard to forget everything but you should move on. Remember what you told me when I was mourning over grandma's death that it will give us more pain. So try to live life when you have chance. Everyone is not lucky to be born with great looks and money like you do. And mostly importantly with the annoying smirk of yours." I tried to lighten the mood.

"Without my smirk, I wouldn't be the great Shaub Reghen." He tried to smirk which was good at the moment.

"See. You don't need anyone to praise you? You're so full of yourself. The arrogant jerk." I snorted with an annoyed expression.

"You know nobody calls me that and I would never allowed anyone. But you are something, my love." The old jerk was back and everything was forgotten but his expression hardened when he look at the wall behind me.

When I turn around to follow his gaze, i I saw the photo of his dad, mom and a little him standing together with a bright smile making a perfect family picture. The little boy was nestled between his parents and his deep ocean blue eyes were glowing with pure happiness and mischievousness.

"Ugh...the big man still have the habit of throwing things around the room. It would take long to clean it." I said picking up one of the box with a sigh to distract him.

"Shalifa place the box down and don't touch anything. I will tell Roan to take care of it." Shaub ordered me and walked out of the room calling for Roan and told him to threw away everything.

I wanted to protest against him to not to throw everything but seeing the new determination in his eyes I shut my mouth and watched him look at the room for a last time with a look which says: not to come back here ever again.

I then saw him controlling his emotions when the family picture was been taken away along with the wrapped gifts and I gripped his arm to get his attention.

"Shaub! Can you come with me? Please." I added with irresistible puppy eyes which made me cringe inwardly.

"Where to?" He voiced out after staring at me for a minute with a blank look.

"Just follow. Will you?" I said in a sugarcoated voice and walk ahead when he sigh in annoyance.

When I reached my room, I looked over my shoulder to see if he was following and when I saw him walking towards my room, I entered inside my room.

"What the fuck? I'm not a kid to watch movies with you." Shaub yelled at me when I asked him to sit on my bed and opened Netflix while searching for some funny movie in my laptop.

"Movies are not for kids only and it entertaining to watch." I scolded him and scrolled through the list of movies.

"You're wasting my time and I haven't thought that you would spend your time watching this." He pointed to the screen with an irritation.

"Oh! The great Shaub Reghen couldn't even watch a movie and complains movies are for kids only." I mocked him and mentally rolled my eyes while looking at his pissed face.

"I'm not complaining." He whined like a grumpy kid and make faces.

"Says the one who is wincing like a girl in period?" I mocked him to make him more pissed but he gave me a sly smile instead of angry face.

"Talking about period, I have never thought it's that painful. How come you mange when you're in the surgery?" Shaub asked with a curious look.

"You will know when you will become a woman but that's not happening soon nor in this life so shut your mouth and enjoy this movie." I said with a pointed look which means not taking no for an answer.

"No. Wait a minute." He abruptly get up and sprinted out of the room, going god knows where and I sulked looking at the open door.

"I shouldn't have asked him to come when I know he wouldn't want to watch it. Now I need to watch it alone. But I had always watched it alone expect when Bell would accompany me during our sleepover." I mumbled resting my head against the headrest and placed the laptop in the front while sitting cross legged starting at the animated movie.

"Ugh...this stubborn woman wouldn't listen to me.Now I need to restart the movie." I looked at the door to see Shaub holding some chips and cola while walking towards the bed with an annoyed look etched on his handsome face.

"If I had miss the beginning then I would never share the chips with you." He snorted sitting beside me with cross legged while putting the chips and cola beside the laptop and looked at the screen to find it was just starting.

I gave a glance at him and continued watching the movie. I didn't bother to open the chips and have some when he put the packet in front of me.

And the movie was about the two puppies who were lovers separated at the dog care center and were waiting for their reunion.

It was a hilarious movie which made us laugh out loud forgetting about our life outside and we enjoyed yelping like the child who are watching their favorite cartoons.

"Haha...they are so cute." I coo at the ending when they reunited and got married.

"Woman stop yelping out loud. You're making my ear bleed." Shaub yelled pausing the screen when they were kissing looking dreamily at each other and the credits roll over.

"You just know how to spoil my mood." I shut the laptop with a huff and crushed the chips rappers with my hands.

"You're the one to spoil your own mood. Life doesn't always have happy ending." Shaub stated with a duh tone.

"Yeah! But we could always hope for the best. Hope is the big thing." I replied in the same tone staring at the ceiling.

"It is good to do so but in the end we will always be disappointed. I had hope that one day my mom would come back but she never came. When she did come back, it was the end of my hope." Shaub voice out holding the cola bottle in his hand with more force than necessary.

"I so wanted to forgive her thinking that she had left me for a reason but whenever I made up my mind to forgive her, my dad's face came in front of me and everything changes. His death had affected me in ways, you couldn't imagined. It was really hard to see him cry every night for her and as a child also I could see he too was waiting for her. But she....anyways she said it was cause of love that she couldn't become my fathers wife." Shaub continued with a hint of an anger and frustration.

"Have you ever love someone Shalifa?" Shaub asked out of blue after a few minutes of silence and that question made me to zone out.

I saw him looking at me from the corner of my eyes and when I meet his gaze, I drown in those mesmerizing blue eyes which were busy searching for something inside me.

Love? I have never love someone till now but....I have never thought of it.

"Is that hard to answer?" Shaub fired another question when I was about to open my mouth to say something.

"Forget that I even asked!" Shaub muttered when I didn't say anything and walk out the door.

Then many questions arises on my mind like: Why had Shaub asked me that?, Why he was waiting for me to say something?, Why he was pissed when he get only silence?

And most importantly why I couldn't say I don't when he had asked me? Why I couldn't say a word? Nor shake my head stating no.

Why! And Why? Was the only thing going on my mind?