A New World

SMACK!

A teenage boy slammed into the hard grassy green ground. "Ugh..." That fall hurt him inside and out. Bright light streamed into his line of sight. He carefully pulled himself up from the ground and stood. He did a full 360 to take in the view...and quite a view it was.

Off to the front was the sun rising over a large beach around a nice pond. To the left was a grassy plain that stretched as far as the eye could see. Behind him was a mixture of sand and grass with a forrest as a back drop. Turn to the right to see mountains and cliffs of stone, dirt, and sand.

He tried hard, as he turned 'round to take in the view, to remember who he was, what he was doing here, and where he even was. The only thing he could gather was his name, ShadowWater. Though something told him that wasn't his real name.

The sun was rising, and something told him he better start moving. There was danger coming. He had no idea what, but he knew his instincts rarely failed him. He ran to the forrest behind him and chopped down tree after tree, planting new ones as he went. It seemed like an instinct to him as to what to do and how to do it.

In no time he had a nice wooden house built for him and just in time too. The sun was starting to set and it filled him with irrational fear. He raced inside his house and waited, and waited, and waited some more. Finally he became tired of waiting and a little too bored. He punched open a window in his house and regretted it almost immediately. A green face stared at him through his new window for a second before giving him a punch to the face.

That punch filled him with hurt, hunger, and anger. He raced to the window and punched the green monster right back in the face. The green face came right back at him. It was mad now and it wasn't going to stop until ShadowWater was dead. ShadowWater was not about to let that happen. He backed up, taking a return blow from that monstrosity, until he was just out of reach. Than he took a step forward, threw a punch and retreated. He did this quickly and methodically until the monster disappeared in a cloud of smoke. He gave himself a victorious pat on the back....well at least he tried to.

Unfortunately, right behind that green face was a white one, shooting arrows at him now. No time for celebration, he had to get that hole fixed. He replaced the hole he had made, and realized how tired he was. He laid down on the soft grassy ground of his new home and quickly fell asleep....