chapter 20

Kiyoshi: ....

To think that this stupid beast would form a contract just to be with me.

Looking at the beast which is looking back at him expectantly as if waiting to be praised, he suddenly felt a warm feeling in his heart.

Just as he was about to say something, his eyes caught the site of bright light coming from Yuki's body. He immediately put down the beast and rushed to Yuki's side. When he got near he can see a bright blue color covering Yuki's body like a cocoon.

When he raised his hand to touch the light he felt a warm feeling coming from it.

"What is this?"

Kiyoshi blinked looking at the strange scene. The light doesn't seem to have any harmful effect, it even gave a soothing feeling.

The Moon Lighting beast, who once again lost its master's attention, can't believe that it was still abandoned even after becoming his contracted beast. It immediately ran towards Kiyoshi to act cute but the moment it saw the figure covered in blue light its eyes lit up in happiness. Only two sentence was repeated continuously in its head.

Great lord is hibernating.

It can have master all for itself.

Kiyoshi, who felt the beast's happiness though their contact, looked at it strangely.

The beast who was immersed in its happiness failed to notice Kiyoshi's strange gaze and was still daydreaming about its alone time with its master when Kiyoshi picked it up and raised it to his eye level.

Only after it felt a piercing gaze did the Moon Lighting Beast came back to reality and looked back at the pair of green eyes that are staring at it.

It immediately became enthusiastic and its eyes basically shined. The two tails on its back began to wiggle. It focused its gaze filled with love at Kiyoshi and called out.

Beast: Meow~

Master~

Kiyoshi: ..... (^_^;)

Kiyoshi shivered seeing the look at it eyes.

Why are you looking at me like that.

If you are a human I might even think you fell for me.

Kiyoshi awkwardly shifted his gaze away from that 'loving gaze' coming from a certain beast and said while pointing at Yuki "What is happening to him".

The beast looked at Yuki and said (meowed)

Beast: Meow~

Great lord is hibernating~

Kiyoshi: Hibernating?

The Moon Lighting Beast nodded its head in happiness.

Kiyoshi who once again felt the beast's joy from their contract : ......

He temporarily decided to forget about asking the reason for the beast's happiness and asked "What does it mean?"

Normally Hibernation referred to the time a animals or plants spends in a dormant state but the situation of Yuki is obviously not that.

The beast looked thoughtful for a moment after hearing Kiyoshi's question then said (meowed)

Beast: Meow~

Great lord is relieving himself~

If Kiyoshi was drinking something right now he would have definitely sprayed it out, thankfully he was not but it doesn't stop him from becoming dumbfound.

Relieving himself?

What relieving himself?

Where did you see him relieving himself?

Looking at the beast which looked like it was pretty satisfied with itself Kiyoshi doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.

But maybe due to his high IQ or maybe due to his contract with the beast or even maybe due to his continuous interaction it, Kiyoshi understood what it meant after thinking a bit.

Before Yuki said he had internal injuries so he must be in this hibernating state to recover himself. After glancing at Yuki for a moment, kyoshi turned his gaze back to the beast and asked "How long will he be hibernating"

The beast again put a thoughtful expression and meowed.

Beast: Meow~

For a long time~

Kiyoshi became serious and asked "How long"

If Yuki remained like this for many years then it is a serious problem. Although he know right now that the story's protagonist and Yuki are two different people but it doesn't change the fact that this place is Dark forest from the novel Dark Soul.

This time the beast took a long time to answer and finally it gave the answer to the expectant Kiyoshi.

Beast: Meow~

Long long time~

Kiyoshi: ..... ┻━┻︵ヽ('Д')ノ︵ ┻━┻

Kiyoshi put down the beast and decided to never question the beast again else he would definitely lose his mind.

He picked up the book which he put down when picking up the beast and sat next to Yuki. He don't know when Yuki will wake up so might as well learn something useful from the book.

As soon as he sat down the beast came running to him and sat near him. Kiyoshi took a look at the beast and thought.

Although this beast was unreliable when it comes to answering, Kiyoshi was very grateful to it. Without it he wouldn't even had any idea about what is happening to Yuki. He petted its head and said "Now that you became my contract beast I cannot always call you Moon Lighting Beast. Do you have any name?"

The beast shook its head giving a negative answer.

Kiyoshi : Can I give you a name.

The beast eagerly nodded its head.

Looking at the two tails of the beast Kiyoshi suddenly got an inspiration.

Kiyoshi: How about the name Espeon?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
Sorry for not updating for so long. I had been really busy all this time and only now I got a short break.
Thank you everyone for viewing, voting and commenting.
Also sorry if this chapter is bad. I wrote the chapter today after a long time and I had a difficult time coming up with ideas but still I done my best.
Once again thank you everyone for reading my story.
I will try to update more frequently as I got more free time now ^v^