It didn't take long for my anxiety to kick in.

What will happen today? I wondered nervously, sightlessly gazing out the window.

Please, nobody hurt me..

~•~•~

"When will you ever learn?" Jonathan sneered, pushing me into the row of lockers lining the hall.

"You know I can't see," I noted, becoming extremely frustrated and upset. "Leave me alone."

"Not a chance," he spat, shoving the books and papers out of my hands. "This is too easy."

After I was sure that he had walked off, I bent down to pick up my papers and books scattered among the floor. I sighed, fighting back the hurt that filled my subconscious.

All I want is to be normal... Why can't I get that opportunity..?

Just then, I felt a finger gently tap my shoulder. I whisked around towards the touch, startled to say the least.

"Here, you dropped these," I heard a familiar voice exclaim.

I recognized it immediately as the voice who belonged to the girl who I had bumped into a few days ago. That voice had never left my mind, and it sounded so familiar from the second I heard it, like I had heard it my entire life. I carefully grabbed the books from her outstretched hands.

"Thanks," I replied, slightly confused to why this girl would want anything to do with me.

"I'm Kelsey," she stated, her soft voice friendly. "And you are..?"

I paused for a moment, unsure why she was being so kind, then snapped back to my senses. "Oh, I'm Zach."

You ever have those days where you even forget your own name?

Yep, me too.

"It's nice to meet you, Zach," her voice noted in a cheerful tone. I couldn't help but smile at her kindness.

Suddenly, I heard the school bell ring and it startled me. Then again, everything startles me.

I heard Kelsey get to her feet and almost walk off until she turned back around. Wait, is she actually going to acknowledge me a second time?

"I almost forgot," she said. "There's an end of summer pool party at my house for the juniors and seniors at this school this weekend if you'd like to come."

I froze.

Is she seriously asking me to come to something like that? She's asking the blind person? I thought I was just a freak according to everyone else. Then again, I hadn't heard her call me that, so maybe I have a chance to actually seem like a normal person.

My face lit up at her statement. "Sure, I'd love to come," I responded with a smile on my face.

The bell rang again, signaling the beginning of class. I sighed, gathering my books and clutching them in my arms.

"I guess I'll see you this weekend?" Kelsey inquired, and I could feel the smile mixing with her words.

"Yeah," I replied, the corners of my lips rising into an awkward smile. "Definitely."

I can't believe it.

A chance to be a normal person. Finally...

Kelsey's P.O.V.

I rushed out the front door to the sound of the loud school bus as it entered my neighborhood.

The squeaky doors opened, and the noise was painful to my ears. Quickly, I entered and walked down the center of the bus to find my usual seat, which was in the back corner by the window.

The bus started up again, the acceleration creaking at a loud extent, and it made me want to cover my ears. After quite a bit of stopping and starting, the bus finally arrived at the school. I hopped out immediately after the bus doors open.

I hate the bus.

"Hey Kelsey!" Amelia shouted gleefully, grinning from ear to ear.

I jogged over to where Amelia and her friends were standing in the courtyard of this massive place. "Hey guys!"

All of these girls seemed excited to see me, which was a feeling that I would never get tired of. Last year, I was a nobody, until I met Amelia. She's been the key to all of my friendships, and without her, I'd still have no one.

"We'd better get inside," I exclaimed, a bit out of breath from running from the school bus.

Amelia nodded, and guided her flock of friends into the school, me included. Like normal, the hallways were similar to a difficult maze to weave through. You weren't exactly sure where you were going if you didn't know this school like the back of your hand.

I don't know if it's the fact that this school is absolutely huge, or it's overpopulated. Probably both.

Suddenly, I heard the cruel voice of Jonathan from a few yards away. He's been known to pick on literally anyone at this school without caring who they are. I've seen it happen probably hundreds of times, but I've never done anything about it.

That was about to change.

I stopped, immediately recognizing the guy who had bumped into me a few days ago being taunted.

"Come on, Kelsey!" Amelia urged, attempting to grab my hand to pull me along.

I let go of her hand, and then responded, "I'll meet you in a few minutes, there's something I've got to take care of."

I saw her roll her eyes and walk off, coaxing her friends to walk along with her, and they did, leaving me behind. Honestly, I didn't really care at the moment. Bullying, especially towards someone who can't exactly fight back, shouldn't be tolerated at all.

After Jonathan had left, I walked over to help the victim pick up his books. When I did, he seemed pretty grateful, and it made me grin a little bit. I felt absolutely terrible for him, because he can't help being blind. No one can.

When he responded to me, I could instantly tell that he seemed like a very nice guy who needed a little bit of help. I thought it'd be nice to let him know about the high school pool party at my house this weekend, and he seemed excited.

I felt glad that I could make him feel a bit better, but I was a bit nervous too.

How would I tell my friends about this?

~•~•~

"Where were you earlier?" Amelia had asked me when we sat down at the lunch table.

I shrugged, casually replying, "Oh, I was just helping out a friend."

"You mean the new guy?" one of Amelia's friends piped up triumphantly. "I saw you."

Snitch.

I nodded, wanting to be truthful with my friends. "Yeah, he seemed nice," I stated with a smile on my face. For some reason, it wouldn't go away, and I was stuck awkwardly smiling at nothing.

Also, one more thing.

What's that tingling feeling in my stomach?

"Hmm," Amelia pondered, a suspecting glint in her eyes. "Do you have a crush?"

"No!" I blurted out louder than I had expected. "No I don't."

As quickly as I could, I shut myself up, practically hiding behind my Hello Kitty lunch box by now. I slowly peeked over it and noticed everyone staring at me, and a couple girls giggling at me. Amelia was wearing a smirk on her face. They found out.

Oh dear.

~~~

Oooooooh, somebody has a crush! :3

Also, they had another encounter in the halls! Honestly, I want to shove Jonathan out the window when he's being such a bully. He's one of the hardest characters to write about due to the fact that he's so cruel to people. :(

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed Chapter Three! Love you guys!

~Eclipsityy <3