9. sleep deprived

"Hey dad." I say through the phone. I've have been given the task to inform my dad that Bella and Edward came home early. Bella supposedly got sick, very contagious. I've been in contact with her so I need to stay with her to not pass it on further.

"Hey Nessa, when are you coming home?" He questions.

"About that I have to tell you something." I say in cautious tone.

"What is it?" He asks suspicious.

I explain it like Carlisle said. "Is Bella okay?" He asks worried.

"For now she's stable dad." I reassure.

"Give me Carlisle." He demands.

I hand the phone to Carlisle who's standing next to me with a supportive hand on my back. He talks to Charlie explaining he can't come visit.

Rosalie fixed my brace after the whole Jayden thing, she did it while constantly staying at bella side. Marco and Calissa left two days ago to mourn their former friend. They said to call if we needed anything at all. Calissa never went into the mate of Alice thing, which I'm glad for. Right now I have to much worry for Bella to think about my love life.

I look at Bella on the couch. They've been home for a week or so and she looks worse everyday. She's as pale as the Cullens and under fed, she can't keep any substance in for long. The thing grows really fast and her belly sticks out like she's already 8 or so months pregnant, bruises form on it from the kicking of the thing.

"Iz? Hungry?" I ask hoping to get some food in her. She nods weakly in response petting her swollen stomach lovingly. I keep a straight face hiding my sadness but of course Edward and Jazz know. Even alice can see it.

She takes my hand and pulls me to the kitchen where she pulls me in a hug. No words are said knowing nothing will make the situation better. I burrow my head in her shoulder and take the back.of her shirt in my fist clinging to her.

We pull back and I take some yoghurt out of the fridge adding some raspberries in it to give it more substance.

I take a spoon out of the draw. My hand shakes making me put it down and lean on the counter taking a deep breath. I lean my head back as I feel tears pooling up.

"Nessa." Alice gently lays a hand on my cheek making me look at her. Her eyes are dark not golden anymore but still beautiful and gentle.

"Let me bring this then we go for some fresh air." She tells me taking the bowl with yoghurt and the spoon. I nod softly not able to use my voice.

Alice disappears to the living room and comes back right after taking my hand and leading me outside.

We walk through the forrest behind her house in silence not needing any words. She never lets go of my hand and I cling to it as a lifeline.

Being outside does me some good, clears my head a little. As my leg begins to hurt I take a seat on a fallen log to let it rest a little.

"Are you in pain?" Alice asks worried. "Do I need to carry you back?"

"I'm alright Al just need to rest a little." I reasure. She takes a seat beside me looking into the forrest.

We fall into silence again each occupied with her their own thoughts.

I think about Charlie hoping he's doing okay. What will happen to him if he looses his only daughter. Yes he adopted me but it's different from Bella. She is his biological daughter, I just showed up someday.

He was the officer who found me after I found my parents hanging from the ceiling. He took pity in me and he and Rennee took me in. They care for me but not like they care for Bella.