Chapter Nine

The Room of Requirement was a well-sized office, with cold light-grey stone walls and no windows. At the center, was disposed a large, intimidating black desk assorted with a throne-like chair. In front of it were two comfortable armchairs and a small couch in a pine green velvet. On the right side, a fireplace was lit with a white, incandescent flame, not giving much coziness to the room even if it emitted warmth, and it would've been the only source of light if there were not also four weak candles. On the dark wooden floor was laid a huge Indian carpet green colored with silver embroideries. Multiples bookshelves were covering the walls, all filled with old dusty magic books, mostly rare or uncommon, and artifacts could be found among them. Deep, intriguing sounds were echoing from behind the walls as if they were somewhere in a deep forest or underwater.
Riddle's desk was perfectly organized, on the left, a pile of new parchments and a quill. On the right, a pile of books and a dark shining orb.

"Tell me more." He ordered.

She hesitated a bit, and he noticed her bitting the inside of her right cheek. 
After a second she looked at him straight in the eyes.

"I believe you already know what an aura is and that every wizard possesses one. Now Riddle," she put herself in a more comfortable position, "if I told you that auras are unique to each and everyone, more than that, to each and everything? Like magical digital prints! And that it is possible to recognize them."

He rose an eyebrow, "isn't that what Aurologists do already?"

"Oh please, Aurologists are a joke, they can barely identify anything!" She chuckled. "Anyway, what you need to understand is that each time a wizard cast a spell he leave a trace, even infinitesimal, of his aura. So if you're able to sense the surrounding auras sharply enough..." She waved a hand, "you can easily find secret rooms. Add some Magic Sensing and it'll make it even easier. That's was I was talking about when I was saying that the magic here was denser, this room contains strong magic, highly distinctive from the average one dispersed in Hogwarts. But Magic Sensing is an even more abstract concept than Advanced Aurology since it's only based on perception and sensitivity."

"So you're telling me you felt that the room was here?"
"Roughly speaking...." She spread her hands. "Yes."

She waited for him to make a comment but to her disappointment, he stayed silent.

"You don't seem much convinced, Riddle," she told him. "Do you want a demonstration maybe?"
He nodded slowly while leaning back in his chair and crossing his legs and arms, waiting eagerly.
"Alright," she got up." What do you want me to tell you?"
"Everything you can find about the Room of Requirement," he requested with a sly smile.

Icara agreed and begun to walk around.
After a few moments she said, "you didn't create this place, it was here way before you even joined the school. Actually, it's as old as Hogwarts itself, the spell was in all likelihood cast by one of the four founders given the powerful aura it contains... However... However, I can't seem to be able to define that said spell... " She paused and turned to face him. "What other properties does this room have?"

A faint, haughty smile went on Riddle's face. "Well, as you can guess by its name, the Room of Requirement is made to give anything the finder wants and therefore will consequently shape itself around his needs and wishes. It will do everything I order it. Or everything that's possible magically at least."
"I see," she mumbled, trying to figure out how a spell like such could work, bringing a hand to her chin.

Seeing after a few seconds that she was not continuing, he interrupted her in her thoughts, "did you find anything else?"

She crossed her arms in her back, giving her a more solemn and elegant posture.
"You spent a lot of time in this place since you discovered it, Riddle. When was it? Five months? Six months ago? Probably during Summer break right? However, you weren't the first one to enter the room. There are other unknown auras here, they are faint and old... but they are here."

Riddle suddenly stood up and walked to her, standing in an almost menacing stance.

"Also, you're keeping your wand in your inside pocket, it's a quite powerful one I say, Phoenix feather core right?" She rhetorically asked, unfazed by his attitude.

"You're bluffing," he declared.
"Wha-?" Her expression shifted to utter disbelief. "How offensive of you! Why would you even think-"
"There's no way anybody found this place before me." His voice was sharp.
"How can you be sure about th-"
"Tell me something I, and I alone can know," Riddle cut her off again.

Upset at his comment, Icara frowned.
"What do you mean "something you only could know"? Didn't I already told you such things?"