"Already? How much?" Her father asked without looking up as she placed the basket on the table. "And who's your new friend?"

"Oh this is Claudia, I would say the whole basket is full but that'd make me a terrible daughter for lying."

"Ah, well at least we got some work on our first day." Damian said as he turned around and rubbed his hands. "Now, what do we have to work with today?"

⚔️⚔️⚔️

"You fixed it!" Callum cheered, holding up his newly fixed boot and shirt. "They look good as new!"

"We actually had to take it to a shoe maker, we don't know how to repair boots. I hope the wait was worth it." Enya chuckled as Callum slipped the fixed boot onto his foot. "I suggest having your other boot checked to make sure it doesn't have any sort of tears."

"I can barely see the stitches!" Callum gasped as he examined the newly sewn sleeve. "They're so tiny!"

"Pricked my finger a bit trying to get them that small, without thimbles because they made it hard." Enya added, holding her hand out to show Callum her bandaged fingers. "But it was worth it. Now no more using your clothes to play tug-of-war with Bait, otherwise my hard work will come undone or ruined."

"I won't!" Callum promised as he folded the shirt and went to put it away. "Can you come watch my sword fighting lesson if you're not busy?"

"You want me to try and fight that boy?" Enya asked, recalling the one who had knocked Callum to the floor and he nodded.

"Please? It will be fun to see you try and beat him!"

"Callum the only thing I ever poked with a metal object is cloth. But how can I say no to those big green eyes of yours."

Callum eagerly led Enya out to the training courtyard where Soren was waiting with two large wooden shields and a bored expression on his face.

"On time for once, didn't have to send Claudia to come find you." He said in a bored tone, but then his eyes widened a bit when he saw Enya with the young prince.

"I'm just here to watch, and maybe participate when Callum gets bored." Enya stated before Soren could even ask why she was there. "I'll be on the bench under the tree watching, okay Callum?"

"Aww, but I wanted you to spar with Soren first!" Callum protested and stuck his bottom lip out in a pout. "You promised, remember?"

Enya gave a small sigh before chuckling. "Fine, just one sparring match. But I'll warn you, I am not good at fighting with a sword."

"Yes, yes, you've only poked people with a needle." Soren muttered, to which Enya glared at him and held her sword ready.

As unfamiliar as she was with sword fighting, Enya at least knew the basics from hearing Soren yell them at Callum every other day since her and her father's sleeping quarters/workshop was located near this courtyard.

"I'll go easy on you, since you've never practiced before." Soren offered as Callum watched eagerly. Enya even caught sight of some of the other guards watching them, seeming eager to see their sparring match play out.

"Don't bother." Enya replied, and with a loud yell she lashed out at him.

Soren gave a loud yelp and jumped back to avoid getting hit before Enya's sword hit him right in the forehead, sending him falling to the floor. Callum gave a loud cheer as some of the guards laughed before one hurried over to help Soren up.

"No fair! I wasn't ready!"

"Well this is why we practice Soren, so you can get better and not get knocked down like that again." Enya said with a smirk and dropped the wooden sword. "A little lesson I'd like to give you for being so hard on little Callum. I, Enya the tailor, have avenged prince Callum's honor this afternoon."

"My honor has been avenged!" Callum yelled and ran up to Enya to hug her. "I have been avenged!"

"To the kitchen! Jelly tarts to celebrate!" Enya yelled, scooping Callum up and seating him on her shoulder the way her father used to do when she was little.

"Let's get Ez first! He and Bait will want to celebrate too!" Callum exclaimed as he held onto Enya's head.

"Unless they're already sneaking tarts from the baker, let's go before they take them all!"

"Hey practice still isn't over!" Soren protested as the two started to walk away.

"It is now!" Enya yelled over her shoulder.

⚔️⚔️⚔️

"I still can't believe it, you got knocked over with one blow!" Claudia cackled as her brother rubbed his forehead. "You got taken out by my best friend!"

"Since when is she your best friend?" Soren snapped in annoyance.

"Since we met, I even told her and she's quite happy about it." Claudia said with a smug grin. "Hey wouldn't it be cool if she took up learning how to fight and kick butt like you? She could be like General Amaya!"

"Well she's not, she's a tailor! Her dad won't even let her fight, he told our dad himself when he dragged her over to the infirmary to apologize for hitting me."

"That's not fair, she beat you fair and square!"

"Probably because he was scared dad was going to turn Enya into a frog or something for hitting me."

"I don't think you can, at least with dark magic."

Glancing at the window, Soren walked over to it to look out and saw three small figures running around the courtyard where they normally held ceremonies. Even from a distance he knew it was the princes and Enya down there, playing like they had no worries in the world. Opening the window slightly, he heard their high pitched laughter as they played, probably chasing Bait, until he heard Enya say something about getting back to work.

"At least you get to have fun." He mumbled to himself as he watched her walk away and thought, 'Why am I starting to like you so much?'